Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom made vintage repros...

Olive Twist

New in Town
Deadpandiva, did you ever order this dress? I did -- this may actually be mine in the pic. We had some problems with color/fabric representation, the colors of the swatches and the online pix did not look anything like the actual dress. That may be due to monitors but I don't know. I would not order custom fabric again without requesting a swatch in the mail. Anyway -- fit was fantastic but the sewing was not precise at all. Very disappointed at first, but it's a tough dress to make I'll bet. Also she didn't stitch in the shoulderpads; long story but I still don't know what the ** to do with 'em. All that said - if people don't look close, it really looks superb. The seller was very nice to deal with. I actually would consider ordering again but would order something easier and get a swatch in my hand.

scarlett

One of the Regulars
Alice, I've ordered a few dresses and they fit perfect. I agree that the fabric could be a bit nicer and no I don't think it would work well with the suit syles either. It is too thin. I just recently sent 2 sleeveless style dresses back and received a prompt refund. The size was right but the arm openings were huge and I wasn't up to having them altered if that was even possible. The customer service is wonderful, and that's probably a big part of the positive feedback. I probably won't be placing any more orders with them. I don't like that the dresses are made in Vietnam, while the Heart My Closet site seems to give the impression they are made in the US.

Last edited:

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Not for me, but for Christmas last year I got my wife a 1930s red silk bias-cut evening gown made by fellow Lounger The Swinging Seamstress aka Vecona.
http://www.vecona.de/index.php?page=home&lang=2
http://www.vecona-vintage.com/

She does excellent work, top quality and is a real pleasure dealing with. My wife plans on getting more dresses and clothes from her, we cannot recommend her enough!

405603661.jpg

405603663.jpg

405603662.jpg

405605090.jpg

405605091.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points