Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom made vintage repros...

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Ooh, this one's cute, she usually only has 50's styles.

cynthia1mv2.jpg

Tamamiko

One of the Regulars
OMG, that is toooo cute!!! I want!!! *rolls on floor throwing tantrum*
Ahem... heh. That is to say, what a lovely dress you have, Laura.

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Love the blue dress, but a bit long for my liking... But you can choose your length and that, right?

Have y'all seen the sailor dress? I can't get the picture to show, but it's the white sailor dress for £29.99!!!
Only trouble for me is that I have trouble spending money on clothing I know I could make myself if I put the effort in - But every girl needs to treat herself, right?! ;)

I'm also quite scared of modern fabrics :eek:

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Aurora said:
Love the blue dress, but a bit long for my liking... But you can choose your length and that, right?

Have y'all seen the sailor dress? I can't get the picture to show, but it's the white sailor dress for £29.99!!!
Only trouble for me is that I have trouble spending money on clothing I know I could make myself if I put the effort in - But every girl needs to treat herself, right?! ;)

I'm also quite scared of modern fabrics :eek:

Yeah, as far as I understand, you can instruct them to make the dress just the way you want it. And my main concern about ordering from them is the fabrics, who knows what they are like in real life.

Aurora

One of the Regulars
You can order the samples from the eBayer, I'm told she sends a bundle of fabric samples for you to stroke at your leisure :)

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Laura Chase said:

cynthia1mv2.jpg
I love it that it's long enough, for a change!
One can always take up a hem. But most clothes are way to short and skimpy. For a 30s style, that length is perfect, any shorter would be wrong. For a 40s style, it could come up to just below the knee. But then you would probably lose the front pleat.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Miss 1929 said:
I love it that it's long enough, for a change!
One can always take up a hem. But most clothes are way to short and skimpy. For a 30s style, that length is perfect, any shorter would be wrong. For a 40s style, it could come up to just below the knee. But then you would probably lose the front pleat.

Is there a pleat there? Is that why the hem looks so weird from that angle? I really like the length as well, even though a 40's length probably suits my legs better!

Smuterella

One Too Many
I'm going to buy a few items from her next month - first i need to decide what to get rid of so i have space!

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Laura Chase said:
Great! Have you stroked them yourself? :p If so, what did you think?

lol Not yet, but I think I might be banned from my local fabric shop for stroking everything and buying nothing!

Good point for the 30's hem length, I hadn't considered that, I was thinking more along the lines of a 40's dress

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Well I am definitly satisfied with the Runway seller, I am thinking about the suit that is green in the picture and has fake pocket 'leafs' & the dress Marilyn wore in a light color with a bow on front.

sixsexsix

Practically Family
Did anyone get any of the ones which she doesn't have actual picture of? Ie. she just has pics of the patterns, or vintage photos of the dress, but none of her version? Would love to see how some turned out. Both of the dresses I had made by her had actual pictures, so I am unsure about buying things without seeing her versions.

Goldfish

A-List Customer
If I'd only knew how the fabrics are, I would order immediately.

This would be very versatile...
11dazzle.jpg

EDIT: Oh, deadpandiva ordered a dress, i hope we see pics :D

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Laura Chase said:

cynthia1mv2.jpg
I was looking at that dress and ended up ordering a similar style. I can't wait to receive it. It's the first thing I have ordered from top runway. It was sort of embarrising to have to send my measurments to strangers but I am sure they are not judging me.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I am about to order the Julie suit from the Top Runway designer, but I am torn between getting it in either light blue or purple. The real life swatches is darker than the pictures, but it is the colors FF5 or FF7 I am thinking about. Will it look to flight stewardess-like if I get it in light blue? And will it look to 'heavy' and old if I get it in purple? I just thought of getting colored suit instead of my usual white, blacks and greys..

any other color you gals would recommend? (only colors from the FF range though)

suit.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points