Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom made vintage repros...

Odalisque

A-List Customer
deadpandiva said:
I received my first dress. I adore it and the fit is perfect. I'll post pics as soon as I can.
Would you mind posting a picture when you get a chance?
I've been toying with the idea of buying one of her repros and would love to see some of her work. :)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Odalisque said:
Would you mind posting a picture when you get a chance?
I've been toying with the idea of buying one of her repros and would love to see some of her work. :)
I sure will. I was a little worried just because my porportions are odd, but I think it fits and draps fabulously and the fabric was nicer than I thought it'd be.

sixsexsix

Practically Family
here are some examples of her work:
ee077504.jpg

bb90f836.jpg

eca18caa.jpg

f663b858.jpg

4754b277.jpg

as you can see, i keep going back for more. if you have any questions feel free to pm me as i don't really check this board

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I am not sure where to post this but I have been searching the web for a better picture of this dress. Lucile Ball wears it in the movie Meet The People. I have the movie but don't have the ability to do screen captures. Does anyone have a better picture of Lucy in this dress? I must have it made. I love it and need it and all that jazz.
1183420-20Meet20the20People.jpg

katiekat

New in Town
Oh man, I love some of the stuff that TopRunway is showing. I do have a question for you ladies that have had her make some things for you: what's the quality like? I'm a little leery of custom online shopping, as you don't always know the kind of quality you're going to get. But since some of you have her pieces, what are they like?

Odalisque

A-List Customer
katiekat said:
Oh man, I love some of the stuff that TopRunway is showing. I do have a question for you ladies that have had her make some things for you: what's the quality like? I'm a little leery of custom online shopping, as you don't always know the kind of quality you're going to get. But since some of you have her pieces, what are they like?
I certainly hope they are good since i just ordered three pieces! Honestly, I have no control with clothing. But I figure she has over 2000 orders and still has 100% rating! So, she must be doing something right.

katiekat

New in Town
Odalisque said:
I certainly hope they are good since i just ordered three pieces! Honestly, I have no control with clothing. But I figure she has over 2000 orders and still has 100% rating! So, she must be doing something right.

Yeah, I can definitely agree with that. I'll have to look into getting something made to be the real test, but it seems like a good deal.

Goldfish

A-List Customer
sixsexsix said:
here are some examples of her work:
ee077504.jpg

bb90f836.jpg

eca18caa.jpg

f663b858.jpg

4754b277.jpg

as you can see, i keep going back for more. if you have any questions feel free to pm me as i don't really check this board

WOW :eek: ok, I am convinced, will order!!!!!

Apple Annie

New in Town
Oh, I WANT! I'd order one right away if it wasn't for the cost of shipping - £24, that's almost as much as the suit itself. Is there no way of having it shipped by a cheaper option, like 2nd class or something?
I don't know if I can justify it...

...but I so want!

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
I've just received my first dress from Toprunway and I couldn't be happier with it. I order the Liz in purple and it's gorgeous, she's done a great job. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Lola Valentine said:
I've just received my first dress from Toprunway and I couldn't be happier with it. I order the Liz in purple and it's gorgeous, she's done a great job. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

How long did it take to get your dress?
I'm waiting on mine and am very impatient lol

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
Odalisque said:
How long did it take to get your dress?
I'm waiting on mine and am very impatient lol

It took just over 3 weeks, but that was also including some mix up over e-mails which I think delayed the process a few days!
If my dress is anything to go by, it's worth the wait!

Goldfish

A-List Customer
does any of you have the fabric swatches you can only get when ordering from her?
would be nice to see pictures! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner