Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom made vintage repros...

PS

A-List Customer
25g6ro7.jpg

I want to get this dress from TopRunway but not sure which color to get. I am a very pale blonde, fair-pink skin with blue eyes. Does anyone have this dress?

SayCici

Practically Family
If you want an idea of what colors would suit you best, a lot of ladies make suggestions in this thread, based off of 'are you an autumn or spring' etc. Looking at your avatar and keeping the dress in mind, I think a rose-y pink, mauve-ish color or green would look very nice.

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
PS said:
25g6ro7.jpg

I want to get this dress from TopRunway but not sure which color to get. I am a very pale blonde, fair-pink skin with blue eyes. Does anyone have this dress?

This dress is super cute.. I have been wating a dress from them for sooo long.. Now that I have the money.. I can get one! Woohoo

Miss Molly

New in Town
*bump!*

I've ordered the Liz dress from TopRunway, and I want to have it with a full skirt (like a circle skirt or slightly smaller), but I haven't seen any photos of dresses with full skirts which she has made. Does anybody on here have a dress with a full skirt made by Cynthia? It seems to me like the ones she makes might be too narrow, since I want to be able wear it with a big petticoat underneath. What do you all think?

SayCici

Practically Family
I'm not sure what you need help with if you've already ordered the dress? Did you talk to the seller? It seems like most of her items have slim skirts, but there are at least two with full(er) skirts that could fit a petticoat underneath, so I assume she knows what you're asking for and will have no problem making that alteration. :)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
SayCici said:
I'm not sure what you need help with if you've already ordered the dress? Did you talk to the seller? It seems like most of her items have slim skirts, but there are at least two with full(er) skirts that could fit a petticoat underneath, so I assume she knows what you're asking for and will have no problem making that alteration. :)

I have the second dress you posted. That one would accomidate a fuller petticoat.

Miss Molly

New in Town
I've ordered the dress but we are still discussing what I actually want. I ordered fabric swatches as well, so it's taking a while! I explained that I wanted a circle type skirt but she said they didn't cut fuller than the dress you posted SayCiCi, which seemed quite narrow, I didn't know it could accomodate a petticoat.
deadpandiva you wouldn't happen to have any photos of it on where we can see the fullness would you?
thank you both so much!

SayCici

Practically Family
Miss Molly said:
I've ordered the dress but we are still discussing what I actually want. I ordered fabric swatches as well, so it's taking a while! I explained that I wanted a circle type skirt but she said they didn't cut fuller than the dress you posted SayCiCi, which seemed quite narrow, I didn't know it could accomodate a petticoat.
It just depends on the petticoat you have, really. You'd want something more like this or this, than this or this. You can see that it has plenty of room for fluff by looking around the hem, just not too-wide-for-the-door-way fluff. :)

This could probably work as well, as depending on the fabric you choose, most will weigh down on the petticoat some, taking away a little of the fullness.

And DPD is right, the second link I posted, that dress has a fuller skirt than the Swing dress.

Happy to help!

Miss Molly

New in Town
I have various petticoats, so it's not really a problem, I'd just like the opportunity to wear a fuller one if I want to. My email conversation with Cynthia is so long, I am being the most difficult customer in the world and feel awful! What I want is quite simple, I sew myself, so I know it's not impossible, just a circle skirt really, or any full skirt with a smooth looking waist. It's the Liz dress and I just want it to flow nicely downwards into a wide skirt. The Viva dress has large pleats which could be quite bulky with the top half of the dress, but that with many, smaller pleats might be nice. Anyway, thank you!

RockabillyHolly

New in Town
Here's a seller on Etsy thats doing repro as well. Her stuff looks really cute! Not sure if she does custom but she does make everything from vintage patterns.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Jitterbuggin

There's also this seller who does do custom:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/nudeedudee
I'm getting something made from her and so far she's been a dream to work with. Good price too! Her shop is currently closed so she can do orders but you can look at some of her work here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nudeedudee/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21