Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom shoes

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Web Site - two for one

herrings.co.uk but that offer is not on at the moment. Their prices are excellent though and they have excellent seconds that are flawless...

Edward

Bartender
www.samuel-windsor.co.uk offer their shoes at a nominal price of £100 per pair with a "buy one, get one free" offer that appears to be perpetual. Nice range of styles. Planning to maybe buy myself some from there in the Autumn.

Pip

A-List Customer
Edward said:
www.samuel-windsor.co.uk offer their shoes at a nominal price of £100 per pair with a "buy one, get one free" offer that appears to be perpetual. Nice range of styles. Planning to maybe buy myself some from there in the Autumn.

OMG! Thank you ever so much!!!

I've finally found a pair of plain brown leather monk strap shoes.

You're a God!:D :D

Pip

A-List Customer
Edward said:

Just had my two pairs arrive...very happy with them.

Nicely made. Inside the shoe box, each shoe is contained in its own cotton draw string bag, provided with shoe horns and shoe trees etc. Truly splendid.

Recommended for the price without a doubt :)

Max Flash

One of the Regulars
I have to say, I have had Samuel Windsor shoes in the past, and was fairly disappointed by the thinness of the leather and some manufacturing imperfections when I received them. I ordered a black half-brogue and black Oxford for work. A year on, they have worn relatively well, but are not comparable to a £150-200 shoe. Some may think this is obvious, but you get what you pay for. However, for the price, one cannot complain.

Word to the wise: always store them with the shoe-trees in. Otherwise they will lose shape very quickly.

Pip

A-List Customer
Indeedy, on my pairs I wouldn't necessarily say the leather was thin, but its not as thick as I've had on more pricey shoes.

But as you say, its very hard to do better for £50 lol

Pip

A-List Customer
Here we go, not the best photos I'm afraid (awful photographer)...so the website photos are probably better lol

The colour of the brown "monk strap" shoes is much more subtle and natural looking in real life. Camera flash just made an odd shade.

Shoes003.jpg

Shoes005.jpg

Shoes006.jpg

The photos of the black ones didn't come out at all I'm afraid :eek:

Edward

Bartender
They look nice... how do they compare to the likes of Clarks (for those of us who can't afford to spend £200 on a pair of shoes ;) )?

Pip

A-List Customer
Well, as you'd expect from the price they aren't quite like shoes you'd get from Charles Tyrwhitt, James Taylor etc etc, but in terms of "high street" shoes, these are generally nicer than a lot of similarly priced shoes (counting 50 as being the price rather than 100).

Not bad at all for "nice day to day" wear etc :)

Max Flash

One of the Regulars
I have two pairs of black as in my post above and have just ordered an antique tan brogue ankle boot and brown swede monk. I will post pics as soon as they arrive.

The shoes are generally good for high street shoes - better than Clarks (uuggh!) and not far off the likes of Jones the Bootmaker (for those familiar with UK high street shops). As Pip mentions, they are not quite as good as the sort one would find in Jermyn Street or Chancery Lane...However, they only cost £50 a pair!

EDIT: P.S. The title of this thread is erroneous. These are not custom shoes - merely ordered from a website.

Edward

Bartender
Sounds like they might be worth a punt. (For what it's worth, I've always had very good experience with Clarks.... last pair of patterned black Clark's brogues I had lasted almost a decade of heavy wear.... actually, I still have them - they won't support another reheeling, so they live at my folks' house back in the Auld country now, where they are invaluable if I get caught without a tidy pair of shoes unexpectedly).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo