Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Slacks

BigSho

Vendor
I want dress slacks (at least thats what I call them) mostly wool with pleats. Its what I live in but I am a large guy and have trouble finding variety in color and pattern. I just like light weight wool and pleats with a cuff.

Jeremy

BigSho

Vendor
i would like to stay under 120 a pair. I also plan on finding my own material because I am very picky. So I don't know hwo much of a difference that makes.

Jeremy

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
BigSho said:
i would like to stay under 120 a pair. I also plan on finding my own material because I am very picky. So I don't know how much of a difference that makes.

CMT(cut,make,trim) prices will be substantially lower in that you're only paying for the tailoring(plus a small premium for the tailor's lost mark up on the in-house material).

That said, your price point is lower than anyone I could recommend. The Custom tailors that I know of would start at around $200 for CMT trousers.

Just to be clear, Custom or Bespoke tailors make a unique pattern(made from measurements taken) for each individual customer with one or more try-on fittings before delivery.

MTM tailors take measurements and match them to a stock pattern which is then adjusted a bit to fit the customer. The garment is generally delivered without a try-on fitting.

The term "Custom" is one of the slipperiest terms in menswear. Right up there with "Handmade.

The real Henry

Practically Family
What about Magnoli Clothiers?
I'm sure they can make the type of pants if you show them a pic. Most pants they offer are und 100$(!!!) and you can also get every fabric you want.

Regards,
Henrik!

BigSho

Vendor
Henrick,

They seem like a very viable option I am just a little wary of ordering somehting like this over the internet without going in and getting measured. Do you have any personal experience with them?

Jeremy

The real Henry

Practically Family
I haven't bought anything from them, but I've contacted Magnoli many time and I've to say he is a great guy to deal with.
Beside that I've never heard something bad about their work. I think the best thing would be to go to a taylor in your region and let him take your measurings!

BTW- Magnoli doesn't do the tayloring, he makes the drawings for each style.

Regards,
Henrik

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda