Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Customer experiences with Aero Leather

piranha

New in Town
Not to pile on here but I ordered a Bootlegger with some changes in early April and called last week to see what the time frame was and I was told it would be next week. In my estimation it probably means another month.

I also ordered a Super Sportsman No. 68 from Lewis Leathers this past Friday and I was told three weeks for the production. Derek has been extremely pleasant in emails and hopefully I'l be happy with what I get.

JLStorm

Practically Family
woohoo

08-09-2009 12:53 Delivery Agent - UNITED STATES AMERICA Arrived at delivery depot

Hopefully I'll get the jackets tomorrow.

jack miranda

A-List Customer
I ordered my modified Bootlegger on May 18th.

Yesterday, I received an email from Amanda saying they were about to begin construction of the jacket...Well, I did say it was worth waiting for an Aero.

Splitcoil

One of the Regulars
Cordovan FQHH Long Half Belt with a few minor customizations, ordered 5 May 2009, received today, 16 September 2009.

And it is flippin' gorgeous. Worth every minute of the wait.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire said:
WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!
Just got a mail from Amanda. My Pre-war Irvin jacket left Scotland yesterday. Can be expected within a couple of days.:D

Can't wait to see the photos mate. I bet you're like a kid before Christmas ;)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
AND IT'S HERE!!!!!!!

AEROIRVIN010.jpg

My Irvin has arrived :D :D
It was delayed in the making - which I was told. But came from Scotland to Denmark in only 3 days!!!!!
- and thank you Kelly for a job well done.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Pictures can be seen in the "Irvin Replica" thread here in Outerwear.

1911 Man

A-List Customer
I'm 2 weeks away from a 6 month wait on my jacket, ordered and paid for April 6th. As people who ordered in June are getting their jackets, I am becoming slightly disgruntled. In two weeks it will be cold enough here to wear a jacket in the evenings. A few weeks ago Mark told me "Hopefully soon."

Stay positive, stay positive....

STW

Familiar Face
1911 Man said:
I'm 2 weeks away from a 6 month wait on my jacket, ordered and paid for April 6th. As people who ordered in June are getting their jackets, I am becoming slightly disgruntled. In two weeks it will be cold enough here to wear a jacket in the evenings. A few weeks ago Mark told me "Hopefully soon."

What are you getting?
Sorry if you've already gone into that on another thread.

1911 Man

A-List Customer
I might have mentioned it, but it's worth repeating. Its a standard 50's halfbelt, but in seal brown jerky A2 leather instead of FQHH, with A2 patch pockets instead of slash pockets, cotton lining. This is to be my lighter weight, fall / spring jacket.

I suppose the modifications are responsible for the delays, and I realize that typing leaves no vocal inflection, so my attempt at humor does not always come through. Yes it is difficult to wait, but I'm not Really disgruntled, just anticipating, and genuinely hoping it is ready soon. This is my third Aero, and probably won't be my last, even if future wait times increase to a year.

bbc1969

Familiar Face
1911 Man said:

I feel your "Pain" my friend. I ordered my FQHH Highwayman via Aero USA on or about March 9th. (give or take a few days for the reply that my final orders was forwarded). So getting close to seven months for me.

Standard jacket. I had contact via email with Mark last week, and he said is was "definite" that it was shipping from the factory this week now ending. He gets his shipments sent twice a week, so allowing transit time, I would think a week or so for formalities. So I am hopeful it will be here in the next two weeks. We will see.

fkl118

New in Town
I ordered a shawl collar barnstormer in early May. It was made this past Monday, mailed Tuesday, and arrived today. Now I'm ready for winter.

P5640blouson

One of the Regulars
UK to U.S. shipping- a whopping 3 days best case

I took a ripping 3 shipping days to receive my Lewis Leathers Super Monza custom. I've ordered items from UK, Italy, France, and Germany before and It always took most of 2 weeks or more escpecially if it gets stuck in Customs. So, in the best case you may receive sooner than you think at this point.

univibe88

One Too Many
Mine is finally on the way to my house. Mark emailed me to confirm my shipping address and said it will head out on Monday. I order a pretty stock Stockman back in February! I didn't make any major modifications, so I have no idea why mine has taken so long. Oh well, it's finally on its way and just in time for cool weather.

Nizdar

New in Town
univibe88 said:
Mine is finally on the way to my house. Mark emailed me to confirm my shipping address and said it will head out on Monday. I order a pretty stock Stockman back in February! I didn't make any major modifications, so I have no idea why mine has taken so long. Oh well, it's finally on its way and just in time for cool weather.

I also ordered my jacket in mid february, so you are not alone. Mark said he expected it to leave the factory last week, so hopefully i will be getting a similar e-mail soon. We are approaching appropriate weather in the big apple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran