Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Customer experiences with Aero Leather

univibe88

One Too Many
univibe88 said:
I don't think this thread is meant to criticize Aero in any way. I think it's just guys who are anxious to receive their coveted jackets. We are simply comparing notes with other's experiences and trying to figure when we may get our jackets.

I think this thread is a good idea, posting useful data without the clutter of additional commentary. However, since the powers that be don't agree, I'll post the info here:

1. Date Ordered: Feb 17, 2009
2. Ordered thru Aero/Scotland, or Aero/Mark Moye: Mark Moye
3. Date actually received: Waiting

and I propose another bit of useful info, as it has been guessed that this could effect wait time:
4. Model Ordered: Stockman Brown FQHH

My long awaited jacket arrived on 10/1. I never got a good reason why it took so long, nor did I really ask. I did send Mark a note over the summer asking that they not try to hurry it through before their summer holiday, so that may have added to the wait.

I don't mind the wait, as I couldn't have worn it during this time anyway. It got here just it time for the weather cooling off here in New England. I'll start a new thread with some pictures.

Glamdringer

New in Town
Just got word that my jacket arrived today, can't wait to get home.

It came much quicker then I expected after seeing some of the waiting times in this thread.
Their original quoted time was 10-12 weeks.

Black FQHH Highwayman
Ordered on 05.08.2009
Dispatched 07.10.2009
Arrived 14.10.2009

Papa M

A-List Customer
Glamdringer said:
It came much quicker then I expected after seeing some of the waiting times in this thread.

I've just ordered an Aero Waterfront (not the reversible). They've quoted six week lead time. I guess that it might be a short lead time because it is slightly easier to make than a leather.

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
Papa M said:
I've just ordered an Aero Waterfront (not the reversible). They've quoted six week lead time. I guess that it might be a short lead time because it is slightly easier to make than a leather.
They quoted me 10 weeks on my Herc and it took 21 weeks. I figure 1 Aero day equals 2.1 normal days. Still worth the wait though...and they have great communication.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I just ordered a jacket and was told 8-10 weeks.

I have been inside businesses selling stuff, and sometimes you just cant tell the customer that its gonna take forever because then they wont even consider it. When 9 weeks have gone its easier to say that something happened and its gonna take another 4 weeks and then after 6 weeks its "on its way"

This is normal and I don't really want my jacket stressed so I'm counting on about 16 weeks maybe.
I just hope its still cold when I get it.

Im thinking about ordering the jacket for the summer maybe a little before x-mas lol

Nizdar

New in Town
GriffDeLaGriff said:
I just ordered a jacket and was told 8-10 weeks.

Im thinking about ordering the jacket for the summer maybe a little before x-mas lol

You joke, but I ordered my highwayman in mid-February and finally got it today. That makes the delivery time just short of 8 months. On the upside, I didn't have to sit around during half the summer gazing at my winter jacket longingly.

While I was a bit frustrated with the lack of any specific reason it took that long, Mark is a really nice guy and it all worked out in the end. The jacket is fabulous, looks just like I had hoped it would, and even fits like i believe it should. They even threw in a free scarf in matching tartan.

I'll post pics of my slightly modified highwayman shortly.

bbc1969

Familiar Face
My Highwayman arrived today.

Ordered: March 9th 2009

Order confirmed/Paypal: March 10th, 2009

Delivered: October 15th, 2009

FQHH Highwayman. This jacket is great. I am very pleased and the fit was spot on. Mark was great to deal with, even with the delays. Even with wait times exceeding normal estimates, I would order again.

Glamdringer

New in Town
My highwayman also arrived yesterday, after ordering on August 5th.
However, I'm unsure about the fit and I'm thinking about returning it.

I'll post pics in a few days.

andy richards

Practically Family
Well, nobody likes to wait...but in the case of ordering at Aero or Eastman, I truly like the idea that what you are about to buy is a very special garment. Made by your measurements. So, in my opinion, it's worth the wait and the best moment is when it finally arrives....

Shake_and_Bake

New in Town
Ordered an Anniversary A-2 (seal jerky) September 19th. Quoted 6 - 8 weeks. Got an email today (October 27th) saying the jacket has been shipped. Ordered direct from Scotland. May have helped that I ordered a standard model without customization, and the only sizing variation was a slight increase in sleeve length. Still, after reading this thread I was very pleasantly surprised to learn I will receive the jacket in less than six weeks.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
andy richards said:
Well, nobody likes to wait...but in the case of ordering at Aero or Eastman, I truly like the idea that what you are about to buy is a very special garment. Made by your measurements. So, in my opinion, it's worth the wait and the best moment is when it finally arrives....

Eastman make for shops and have a lot of stock, especially at displays, so they're not 100% made-to-measure.

Doublegun

Practically Family
Glamdringer said:
My highwayman also arrived yesterday, after ordering on August 5th.
However, I'm unsure about the fit and I'm thinking about returning it.

I'll post pics in a few days.

I had worries when I received my LHB. The coat was so stiff and felt so tight that I had a hard time even getting it on an zipping it up. Without seeing pictures it is very hard to tell how the coat fits but I can tell you that my LHB has relaxed a lot and fits me well. You just may have to have some faith and give it some time.

JLStorm

Practically Family
Iver ordered from the Aero factory in Scottland twice and had a jacket previous jacket significantly altered by them as well. They have been within their estimated delivery times within 1 week. Their customer service is amazing and they are happy to constantly update you with a status. The best customer experience with any company that I have ever had.

PENSACOLA

One of the Regulars
I agree...

The Aero factory has been amazing, customer service wise. I used to deal with Mark Moye, but decided to make all my transactions directly with Amanda at Aero...I have ordered four Aero HH jackets with her--A-2's and utilities within one year, and all have been delivered sooner than the completion date.

No complaints with delivery time, since it's been spot on with her.

Amanda's a sweetheart!

sonorlite

New in Town
I had major problems with my Aero Bootlegger order. Don't know if it was the US rep or the factory. The first one took 10 weeks and was made the wrong size.

The second one took 12 weeks and was not well made. Zippers didn't align, some features were wrong. The side straps constantly came loose.

It went back and took another 8 weeks to get returned and they didn't fix the side straps

I asked Mark again to get me thicker side straps in September and still don't have them.

Tito

A-List Customer
sonorlite said:
I had major problems with my Aero Bootlegger order. Don't know if it was the US rep or the factory. The first one took 10 weeks and was made the wrong size.

The second one took 12 weeks and was not well made. Zippers didn't align, some features were wrong. The side straps constantly came loose.

It went back and took another 8 weeks to get returned and they didn't fix the side straps

I asked Mark again to get me thicker side straps in September and still don't have them.

I agree, no quality control, bad experience, I not buy more at Aero.

Tito

A-List Customer
Creeping Past said:
May I ask what your bad experience was, Tito?

Bad measures twice on my specifications, cuff wider than the other, cuff 30's longer than the other, epaulette longer than the other, bleeding of cordovan and black color, I can not put shirts and light pants.....all this in jackets of more than 400 pounds....no more.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Tito said:
Bad measures twice on my specifications, cuff wider than the other, cuff 30's longer than the other, epaulette longer than the other, bleeding of cordovan and black color, I can not put shirts and light pants.....all this in jackets of more than 400 pounds....no more.

Those construction quality issues sound bad. What was the response when you contacted them? Did they put it right?

The colour problems are probably par for the course, since it's sprayed on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy