Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Customer Service in the old days versus now.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Father and I went out today. He wanted to show me a strip mall that he found very interesting (that's a street-mall. Not a strip-joint, which is something very different!). This long street with all kinds of quirky shops and stuff.

Knowing it was cold, I dressed up to the nines. Shirt, trousers, watch, chain, brown trilby, blue waistcoat and matching suit-coat. Blue and gold brocade tie.

Headed out for a walk on the town, and some window-shopping.

We received marvellous customer service. I won't lie, probably because of me.

In at least three shops we went into, the shopkeepers came up to us and either welcomed us in, or asked if they could help us. At least two of them commented on how smartly we dressed.

In fact, one lady said that, based on our attire, "there's a vintage menswear section in the back which you might be interested in..."

We did inspect this hallowed turf, but we didn't find anything that caught our fancy. I did see some nice flat-caps which fit me, but I wasn't wearing the right kind of brown/khaki attire to go with it, so I passed.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Hi

Based on personal and anecdotal experience, there are ways to get a real person on the phone. A friend at work got frustrated talking on the number tree and just started cussing at the phone. Soon a voice on the line said, "There's no reason to be vulgar sir." and he said, "No there's not, now that I have a human to talk to."

I just started chanting "I wanna talk to a human, I wanna talk to a human" and pretty soon I had one.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80