Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Crafty Doll

Familiar Face
Black Dahlia said:
Here are my favourite mary janes that I got for X-mas, from the company J-41 ;0

shoes_iaec1165743.jpg

Very comfty! Now I'm after a pair of their winter boots.

X
BD

These are so cute!

Puzzicato

One Too Many
OK, so not really vintagey, but I am considering a pair of Dr Martens 5026 mary janes. I think they will look OK with my 50s-inspired wardrobe. Almost a saddle shoe feel without being a saddle shoe!

drmar265330_25166_jb.jpg

Am I right, or will they look terrible and clunky and incongruous?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Puzzicato said:
Am I right, or will they look terrible and clunky and incongruous?

They might look clunky and incongruous, but that may be something that will work with your style! Not really knowing you or having ever seen you, that's not something I can say :)

I was going to suggest looking at Danskos, actually. They have cute maryjane styles that may have a more feminine/delicate look than the Docs. From what I hear, they are also insanely comfortable! I used to wear Docs a lot years ago and found that their quality had really declined. Every pair of Docs I had fell apart within a couple of years.

standard_76010202.jpg

standard_98242878.jpg

Drappa

One Too Many

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I can confirm that Danskos are very comfortable, I have a few pair of their vintage inspired sandals. They are the best! I can't wear their shoes, however, as they are all clogs..and as clogs, they move up and down on the heel. Not to my liking.

Dansko+Shoes.jpg

I'm wearing a pair of my Danskos today (above). ;0

I also have these...but can't wear them for too long. *ouch*
P12391361.jpg

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Inky said:
I have this same sandal in plain black leather and they are definitely comfortable, but i tried on a few closed shoe style Dansko when I purchased these and they were not comfortable.

Me too, and I also have these ones:
shoes_iaec1133049.jpg

I totally agree Inky. How come the sandals are amazingly comfty, and the shoes are terrible? Maybe I'm just not a clog fan, I dunno.
X
BD

Inky

One Too Many
Black Dahlia said:
Me too, and I also have these ones:
shoes_iaec1133049.jpg

I totally agree Inky. How come the sandals are amazingly comfty, and the shoes are terrible? Maybe I'm just not a clog fan, I dunno.
X
BD

those are so cute!! i recall the problem was they seemed cut very narrow across the toe area and the closed ones were all very tight.

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you know that 6pm.com has the Clarks Vanilla Cream sandals on sale for $63.00. They only have them in blue and black and the sizes are limited but it is worth a looksee. I just got a pair and the shipping is pretty reasonable.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Puzzicato said:
Ah - they won't suit my flippers then!

They're worth trying on at a local shop, though. There's so much variety in styles and cut that it's hard to know. Everyone I know who has their Mary Janes styles thinks they're wicked comfy.

Emer

One of the Regulars
Ladies, has anyone come across some comfortable retro- or vinatge-looking shoes that are good for a day at the office? I just re-entered the work force and I'm finding that being on my feet for that many hours at a time is rougher than I remember! I can do heels as long as they're right around 2-inches tall (any shorter and I look a little stumpy), but I haven't found many that are cushy on the inside.

Any suggestions? Or has anyone used shoe inserts to make their shoes more comfortable?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Emer said:
I can do heels as long as they're right around 2-inches tall (any shorter and I look a little stumpy), but I haven't found many that are cushy on the inside.

I find that a lot of retro styles tend to be wedges or have open toes, which may or may not be what you're looking for. A wedge may be easier on your feet than heels, and offer more arch support. I'd take a look at what Remix has on their site.

You should also keep your eyes open for Sofft, Aerosole and Naturalizer styles. Aerosole especially has retro styles now and again.

Or has anyone used shoe inserts to make their shoes more comfortable?

Doesn't everyone use shoe inserts? I think I have them in all my shoes, or at least ball of foot cushions. They help a little but will definitely not take the sting out of a day on your feet (at least not the styles meant for putting inside heels).

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
attn UK ladies

Black Dahlia said:
Love these shoes by Red or Dead (want them):

shoe3.jpg

Since these were posted here, I've been waiting for a pair to pop up in my size. I just won a pair of these on Ebay UK for $14! The caveat is that the seller lists shipping to the UK only. Is anyone willing to receive these for me and forward them along? Am willing to negotiate items like clothes, jewelry. hand made items or $.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner