Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Land-O-LakesGal said:
You could also try putting some rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball and rubbing it around on the inside then Putting on some thick socks and walking around for about 15 or 20 minutes around the house. That is supposed to help although I will say I have yet to try it myself.

Excellent idea, thanks for sharing! I've never heard of doing that and hope it will soften up the leather upper. I wore them recently, and put two layers of moleskin..it helped a bit.

X
BD

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
poggleberry said:
I've come across these shoes in TKMaxx for £12, I've not bought them yet as I haven't made my mind up about them, what do you girls think of them? They are in blue with a low wedge.
They're by Kork-ease who've made this style since the 50's.

KorkEase_Avall_PatentCorkWedge_Green-325jpg.jpg

I love them and would definitely buy the low wedge ones. ;0
X
BD

Amie

One of the Regulars
Drappa said:
I just bought these today after watching them for ages. I love Clarks!

!B)D+,sQBGk~$(KGrHqUOKnQEvyFry0lkBML2l90gI!~~_3.JPG

They don't sell these on the clarks website anymore? They're beautiful.

Drappa

One Too Many
Amie said:
They don't sell these on the clarks website anymore? They're beautiful.
I got them on Ebay. They still have some floating aorund in different sizes on Ebay UK if you search for Clarks T Bar or Clarks wedge.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
poggleberry said:
Drappa I've got those Clarks shoes in lemon yellow, they're very comfortable as most of Clarks shoes are. It's great you've found a black pair after watching them for ages.

Tell that to the Clarks shoes I was wearing today! They wore a hole through a compeed plaster and then through the replacement plaster and then through my skin :( And I CANNOT figure out what about the shoe makes it so inimical to my feet! There aren't any obvious bits that rub or pinch, but they have done this since the first time I wore them. And unfortunately they are still more comfortable than any other sandal I have tried on in 2 years.

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
Black Dahlia I went back to TKMaxx today and bought the low wedge sandals in blue, my nails looked a bit drab so I immediately painted them. I now need to work out what I'm going to wear with them.

CIMG3420.jpg

Tell that to the Clarks shoes I was wearing today! They wore a hole through a compeed plaster and then through the replacement plaster and then through my skin And I CANNOT figure out what about the shoe makes it so inimical to my feet! There aren't any obvious bits that rub or pinch, but they have done this since the first time I wore them. And unfortunately they are still more comfortable than any other sandal I have tried on in 2 years.
Sorry about your rubbing sandals, I do hold a flag for Clarks shoes but it's normally the Clarks Originals range, sandals can be hard on your feet in the summer.

Drappa

One Too Many
Puzzicato said:
Tell that to the Clarks shoes I was wearing today! They wore a hole through a compeed plaster and then through the replacement plaster and then through my skin :( And I CANNOT figure out what about the shoe makes it so inimical to my feet! There aren't any obvious bits that rub or pinch, but they have done this since the first time I wore them. And unfortunately they are still more comfortable than any other sandal I have tried on in 2 years.

I know what you mean, I have 5 or 6 pairs of Clarks that are super comfy and perfect, and one pair that just rub my feet badly, and I can't figure out why either. Must be the odd style or pair.

Lovely sandals poggleberry, I guess it's time to check out TKMaxx this weekend!

crwritt

One Too Many
poggleberry said:
Black Dahlia I went back to TKMaxx today and bought the low wedge sandals in blue, my nails looked a bit drab so I immediately painted them. I now need to work out what I'm going to wear with them.

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt235/poggleberry
/CIMG3420.jpg

These would look great with any summery dress or long skirt, linen pants, almost any solid color, and prints or stripes that pick up the blue or corky color.
It TK Maxx the UK version of TJ Maxx? I wonder if there are any of these here in our US stores?

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
Thanks Puzzicatto for the compliment.

crwritt thanks for giving me some ideas for outfits, I do have a plain coloured dress that will go with them, and I'll check out some skirts.
TJMaxx is the same as TKMaxx, selling top brands at discount prices, lets hope they sell similar things.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
poggleberry said:

CIMG3420.jpg

They look great! Are they comfortable?
X
BD

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Funny

poggleberry said:
Thanks Puzzicatto for the compliment.

crwritt thanks for giving me some ideas for outfits, I do have a plain coloured dress that will go with them, and I'll check out some skirts.
TJMaxx is the same as TKMaxx, selling top brands at discount prices, lets hope they sell similar things.

Thats so funny why the change from K to J or vice versa? Anyone know? I know off thread but these little random bits always make me wonder what strange story is behind it.

Blondie

Practically Family
Laura Chase said:
Chie Mihara just came out with some styles very similar to those. They are beautifully made, high-quality shoes that, with proper care, will last you a lifetime:

rotonda.jpg

LIVIA-SIDE2.jpg
Thanks Laura !!!!! Love them !!!!

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
Black Dahlia I've worn them a couple of times and found them comfortable, they're all leather so they grip your foot quite well. The wedge is 3" high so I do feel like I'm hovering a bit, I regularly wear 3" heels but a wedge is a different matter, very stable.

:eek:fftopic: Land-O-LakesGal I was also curious why TJMaxx's name had changed to TKMaxx in Europe, the link to the history doesn't explain this either, still a mystery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana