Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

zendy

A-List Customer
Why do they have to be sold out of Dapper in every size but 5! It's like my Fred Perry experience all over again :rage: I'm just going to have to cut my toes off a la Cinderella's sister.

spiff said:
Speaking of Keds. The website has finally added another pair of shoes to their Century Collection. Dapper and Deville.

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
Black Dahlia said:
Hi ZombieGirl,

Three pairs that I have are very comfty, one pair is not. Today I’m wearing a pair, flats with an ankle strap, similar to below, very comfortable. Also, my red ones, below are incredibly comfortable. I wear them walking every where and to work. However, I don’t stand on my feel all day. I don’t know what to suggest, but since you’re on your feet all day I’d go with a pair of their flats or kitten/small heels.

X
BD

pl783258-00qlv01.jpg

These ones aren’t so comfty, not for long wear:
51T-5jd2x8L._AA300_.jpg

Very comfty:
shoes.jpeg

Thank you, Black Dahlia! I never would have the thought the first pair... The soles seems so thin... I'll have to check em out!

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
zendy said:
Why do they have to be sold out of Dapper in every size but 5! It's like my Fred Perry experience all over again :rage: I'm just going to have to cut my toes off a la Cinderella's sister.

Ha, you actually know that version of the story! I am a professional storyteller and most people don't know the older more gruesome version of Cinderella. The step-sisters get their eyes pecked out by Cenderella's doves at her wedding too.

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
Hello ladies! I have a ball to attend on Saturday and still haven't bought any shoes to wear with my Regency-style dress (which also hasn't arrived). What sort of thing do you think I should wear with it?
Here's the dress, it's a Marion May gown in pale green silk dupion:
jane.JPG

Thank you! x

crwritt

One Too Many
Kate O Potato said:
Hello ladies! I have a ball to attend on Saturday and still haven't bought any shoes to wear with my Regency-style dress (which also hasn't arrived). What sort of thing do you think I should wear with it?
Here's the dress, it's a Marion May gown in pale green silk dupion:
jane.JPG

Thank you! x

A simple pump or ballet flat in a light color would be just right. The dress is long, so the focus isn't on the shoes. Something comfortable to dance in!

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
Kate O Potato said:
Thank you! x
Something in a very pretty slipper-type shoe. For the era, the shoes were almost like what we think of for actual ballet shoes, with ties around the ankle. If you do go for a heel, make it a very small heel, think kitten or less.

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
Thank you Colleen and Kymeratale! I've ordered myself some ballet slippers from a dance store, which should arrive this week. I really wanted some pointe shoes with ribbon around the ankle but I could only find them in pink or peach :rage:

zendy

A-List Customer
MOHOP TIME!

I know these were mentioned in the platform thread like 2 years ago, but I don't remember them being mentioned here.
It's finally hot in Idaho, so I pulled my trusty mohops out of storage.
I think they are really similar to those awesome clear ones Marilyn had.
I've had these for about 3 years and they are still like new :)

amynbebes

New in Town
I found the blue version of these super fantabulous shoes a few months ago at an outlet store for 18 bucks and found a pear green version at the same store the other day for 8 bucks. I adore them and they're comfy. The brand is Wanted shoes.

Shoes!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Hi ladies,
I bought a pair of Natrual Comfort shoes for $5 the other day, see them below. This company has some great retro styles..and so comfty!

My new shoes:
Shoes_iAEC1024440.jpg

Other cute ones:
41395ZW1B7L.jpg

Shoes_iAEC1017843.jpg

DSCN1056.jpg

X
BD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member