Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by LizzieMaine, May 8, 2006.

1. KittyT

KittyT I'll Lock Up

Are these a current line? Where are Natural Comfort shoes available? I'm not seeing a website for them.

2. Lottie

Lottie Familiar Face

3. Black Dahlia

Black Dahlia Call Me a Cab

I have no clue Kitty, just found them in an image search. :( Guess I was lucky to pick mine up used for $5. ;0

I'm glad you all love them as much as I do - sorry I can't find any official website/retailer. Perhaps they have gone out of business.

Thanks Lottie & Drappa for the links!

4. cherry lips

cherry lips Call Me a Cab

[​IMG]

5. deadpandiva

deadpandiva Call Me a Cab

I have those but in brown. I love them but I have to get the strap fixed. :(

6. hailey greenhat

hailey greenhat A-List Customer

Thats worse :(

7. hailey greenhat

hailey greenhat A-List Customer

What i wouldn't do for her shoe closet...

8. littleblackcar

littleblackcar New in Town

Got these last fall at Kohl's, on sale. I wish the heels were lower--they'd be better at maybe 1" or 1 1/2"--but they're not bad.

9. sixsexsix

sixsexsix Practically Family

These are the "vanilla cream" from Clarks. I tried them on last week and they are soo comfy and have the same styling as the Re-Mix sandals, but about half the cost.

[​IMG]

10. Inky

Inky One Too Many

i love those clarks, but sadly they didn't fit my cankles. very comfy footbed though, I agree - i still have shoe-envy for them :D

11. Kitty_Sheridan

Kitty_Sheridan Practically Family

I just bought those in cream...They are like slippers but Inky, I hear you about the Cankles...
    :(

12. epr25

epr25 Practically Family

I was hoping someone out there could help me. I am looking for a plain pair of light pink ballet flats. Simple no frills that don't cost $40-$300.00. Any help if you've seen these anywhere would be very appreciated!

13. crwritt

crwritt One Too Many

14. bunnyb.gal

bunnyb.gal Practically Family

I own a pair of those too! I also have a pair of 50's-style wedges from them, again from their Classics range. Although I like both look and fit, I've had problems with both of their soles delaminating. (Not to mention my lurcher finding them tasty and gnawing on them :rolleyes: ) Have you had anything like that - the delamination I mean, not naughty dog problems?

By the way, what is a cankle?

15. Valya

Valya New in Town

A question

Forgive me if this question is ridiculous, as I know next to nothing about shoes! I found a lovely pair of brown 40s style Oxfords (sorry, I don't have a pic of them) at a local department store, and they fit wonderfully, but I abstained from buying them because they have a small (1 inch or so) zipper on the side. Is this at all period? I believe they used zippers on boots and such, but on Oxfords would it be period?

16. ZombieGirl

ZombieGirl One of the Regulars

Cankles is where your calf merges seamlessly with your foot... completely skipping over the whole ankle thing. I never had them before but my lower legs are getting increasingly "canklely" with every passing year. Grrr.....

17. crwritt

crwritt One Too Many

Please tell where you found these?

18. bunnyb.gal

bunnyb.gal Practically Family

www.clarks.co.uk

They no longer seem to be on the website, however there are a couple of cute vintage-y models on at the moment (Originals range). You could always try Ebay.