Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Black Dahlia said:
Hello there and pleased to meet everyone. Perhaps these companies/sites have already been listed, my apologies if they have!

Bear Flag Republic: http://estore.websitepros.com/1667212/-strse-Fashions-cln-Womens-shoes/Categories.bok (sell on ebay also)

Cheers!
Black Dahlia

I think these Bear Flag Republic shoes are Remix 1940's Wedges (Twin Strap Slingback Wedge for sure), although the photos seem to have straps placed so the name on the instep is obscured. The seller has a very limited size and color inventory, and that might be why they are priced far below the Remixes (Twin Strap at Remix goes for $148 and the same shoe on Bear Flag is listed for $69.98 and $79.98). Seller only has size 5 in that style, but teensy tootsies are in for a bargain at that price!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I have a pair I bought off Inky, and I can tell you they are definitely made in the same factory, but there are small design differences and they are branded BFR rather than Remix. Still, much more bargainacious!

SheBear74

Practically Family
Black Dahlia said:
SheBear,
Love your shoes. I think you can wear a ton with those shoes..but I picture it with a 40s a line black skirt, sweet white blouse with buttons/ruffles/ribbons…and a 40s blazer.

Oh how I love spectator shoes! These are my new ones:

HPWR-H951744.tif

The soles smell like cinnamon! ;0
X
BD

Oh those are super cute!!! Thanks so much for the suggestion :)

crwritt

One Too Many
Inky said:
Scarlett, since you are in LA you might want to go to Olvera street to find the handtooled shoes (and purses). they may be a bit cheaper than at mybabyjo and the ebay seller i mentioned.

Inky, I'm thinking of ordering some of these. How does the sizing compare with
Re-mix?

Inky

One Too Many
crwritt said:
Inky, I'm thinking of ordering some of these. How does the sizing compare with
Re-mix?

Crwitt, I haven't tried on the remix hand tooled ones specifically but in all but one pair of the remix shoes I own, i wear a 10 and my hand tooled sandals are also 10's.

Are you going to order from that ebay seller? i'm thinking of getting a green pair for summer. let me know how it works out for you.

Coopsgirl

New in Town
I saw these shoes from Amerimark on here a while back and I ordered them right away. They were on back order though and I just got them in this color (bone) yesterday.

051289LT.jpg

They are fantastic!! No break in time needed but I would suggest you go out to your driveway and scruff up the bottoms a little as they are kinda slippery. With the small heel they seem like a good shoe to wear if you going to be on your feet a long time and they have a litle bit of cushioning on the inside near the ball of the foot. I'm wearing them today and I'm loving them. I feel like I stepped right out of a 30s catalog page :) .

About sizing, I ordered a 6 1/2 as the last few pairs I've bought recently have been that size. Sometimes I can wear a 6 but I decided to go with the bigger size. They were just a little bit loose so I put a heel liner in each shoe and that did the trick. I'm definitely going to buy more colors as they are only about $25 a pair!!!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Another company I love is Miz Mooz. I have four pairs of shoes from them, all pretty comfty. ;) You can sometimes find them at Winners/TJ Maxx at great prices. I can’t find a photo of my most favourite pair, so I’ll post it later.

I have these:
51T-5jd2x8L._AA300_.jpg

My favourite pair, so comfty:
shoes.jpeg

Assorted ones:
6a00d83451dba369e20115713163b9970c-800wi

Oh so cute!
41A7LUuRNZL._AA300_.jpg

X
BD

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Black Dahlia said:
Thank you Miss Hannah. How would you say they compare to Remix shoes in terms of quality?

Best,
BD

I have lots of their shoes - at least 5 pairs - and they're all lovely quality. The main thing is that the owners have been on the vintage scene for a long time (they won't thank me for telling you how long!) and so they pride themselves on their designs and quality. They've had shoes made in different places so the actual construction varies, but it's always good quality. The leather soled ones do tend to need reheeling quickly, but I think everything they've produced lately has had hard rubber ones so more durable! HTH!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Fleur De Guerre said:
I have lots of their shoes - at least 5 pairs - and they're all lovely quality. The main thing is that the owners have been on the vintage scene for a long time (they won't thank me for telling you how long!) and so they pride themselves on their designs and quality. They've had shoes made in different places so the actual construction varies, but it's always good quality. The leather soled ones do tend to need reheeling quickly, but I think everything they've produced lately has had hard rubber ones so more durable! HTH!

Thank you for this Fleur, much appreciated. I may have to go out on a limb and buy a pair. ;) I can always resell them if they don't fit right.
Best,
BD

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
Black Dahlia said:
Another company I love is Miz Mooz. I have four pairs of shoes from them, all pretty comfty. ;) You can sometimes find them at Winners/TJ Maxx at great prices. I can’t find a photo of my most favourite pair, so I’ll post it later.

How comfortable are they really? I'd like a nice pair or two for work where I'm on my feet all day. I would be willing to bet that investing in something a bit more expensive would be better than killing myself in something cheap. I checked a few out tonight and there are some really cute ones!!!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
ZombieGirl said:
How comfortable are they really? I'd like a nice pair or two for work where I'm on my feet all day. I would be willing to bet that investing in something a bit more expensive would be better than killing myself in something cheap. I checked a few out tonight and there are some really cute ones!!!

Hi ZombieGirl,

Three pairs that I have are very comfty, one pair is not. Today I’m wearing a pair, flats with an ankle strap, similar to below, very comfortable. Also, my red ones, below are incredibly comfortable. I wear them walking every where and to work. However, I don’t stand on my feel all day. I don’t know what to suggest, but since you’re on your feet all day I’d go with a pair of their flats or kitten/small heels.

X
BD

pl783258-00qlv01.jpg

These ones aren’t so comfty, not for long wear:
51T-5jd2x8L._AA300_.jpg

Very comfty:
shoes.jpeg

spiff

New in Town
Speaking of Keds. The website has finally added another pair of shoes to their Century Collection. Dapper and Deville.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21