Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

D-Day-Doll

Familiar Face
missjoeri said:
surrogaatschoenen2.jpg

Wartime shoes!
And heres a couple I made myself;

reproshoes.sized.jpg

That's exactly what my grandma used to do! She is from Paris and lived there during WWII. She used to buy cork soles in the style of wedges and then attach fabric uppers so they were peep-toe slingbacks. I have a picture of her wearing a pair. They looked like white canvas. I also thought of making some for myself. Good work!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
maisie said:
Wow, that is strange. But, then again, I have found recently that a lot of shoes, although different in brand names, are made in the same place. While shoe shopping in Italy with Hemingway Jones, he found a pair of vintage-y shoes that he liked. I thought they looked a bit familiar. Turns out that they were the same exact pair he had bought for nearly double the price in the states at JCrew. Everything, right down to the little sticker on the bottom was the same, only difference, aside from price was that they didn't say JCrew on the insole. Big deal!!! After a while and a few different shoe stores we kept coming across the many of the same pairs of shoes. Turns out that all shoes made in Italy are made in a few factories, and shipped out all over the world with different brand names on them. I was jealous, he got a very handsome pair of wing tips, beautiful leather. Finding ladies shoes there was just too difficult:(
Anyway, I love Anthropology, but wish they would carry their petite line of clothes in their store instead of only on line. Also they have a very limited amount of petite, which is frustrating for me, because their regular sized clothes are all really really long!! But, so very lovely:( Shoes, that's something I can fit into!

CherryBombRock

Familiar Face
Fleur De Guerre said:
These are my favourite, in Black...I wear them every day pretty much, rain be damned!

wedge132gp.gif
*GASP!* where are those from? So cute!
I found these the other day in Schuh, not exactly vintage style but cute!

Opp! Can't seem to link them but if you go to the 'low heels' section at http://www.schuhstore.co.uk/
and look on the first and second page it's 'BODA BROGUE BAR' and 'IC TWO STEP BROGUE TIE COURT'!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
CherryBombRock said:
*GASP!* where are those from? So cute!
I found these the other day in Schuh, not exactly vintage style but cute!

Opp! Can't seem to link them but if you go to the 'low heels' section at http://www.schuhstore.co.uk/
and look on the first and second page it's 'BODA BROGUE BAR' and 'IC TWO STEP BROGUE TIE COURT'!

From Remix, but you can order them from Johnson's for about the same price, minus shipping and import taxes. But best to phone him as he doesn't reply to emails at all well. They were fast too - less than a month from placing order, to him making them, and me receiving them.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Looks like Target has a full line of vintagey shoes again this season. All reasonably priced, too (most under $25):

Mossimo Piper Cork Wedge, black or brown - $24.99
B000BD7QP8.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

Merona Avery Canvas Peep-Toe Wedge, black or natural - $22.99
B000IUYDCS.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_V34323370_.jpg

Xhilaration Tessie Polka Dot Basket Weave Wedges, brown or black polka dots - $22.99
B000JQZFVE.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_V33901881_.jpg

Merona Wanetta Ankle strap comfort wedge, natural - $22.99
B000JPY0VQ.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_V48755117_.jpg

Mossimo Dylan Platform Pumps, brown or black - $24.99 (I have these in both colors and LOVE them)
B000BAWLJM.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg
-

Daisy Buchanan

More Cute Vintage inspired shoes

Well, I thought it was time to revitalize this thread. While it's 10 degrees F outside, online the spring fashions are everywhere, reminding me of the warm weather.

I decided to check out BabyGirl Boutique for they have cute repro clothes and shoes, and I thought looking at the spring line-up might warm me up a bit. All it really did was make me sad, for now I'm really anxious for the warmth and sunshine of spring.

Anyway, I came across these very cute peep toe slingbacks. They are on sale, they come in either red or black, and IMO they are super cute. Unfortunately, my face would probably make contact with the pavement more than my feet, for I can't walk in high heels. But, I thought some of you ladies out there might want to see them:) The red would be perfect for your valentine's dates. This shop has quite a few pairs of great vintagey shoes, and I find there prices to be quite reasonable, in comparison to some other locales.

Happy Shopping:)
Daisy

Daisy Buchanan

Naturalizer Shoe Alert!

I know, I know, another shoe thread. But, I thought that since Naturalizer has quite a few pairs of vintage-y shoes, it was worthy of it's own thread.

First off, many of their shoes online are on sale. Secondly, all the pairs that I have are well made, and very comfortable. So, I thought I'd post some pictures and give you the links, especially now since they are having a really good winter sale:)

Signature Niche: Sale Price $39.99

Force in black velvet or leather:Sale Price $19.99 Yippeee!!!

Forecast in Black Velvet: Sale Price $19.99

Keynote in brown/cream or black/cream:Sale Price $29.99

Gresham in Black or Brown:Sale Price $39.99 These have a 20's flare to them.

texasgirl

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
I know, I know, another shoe thread. But, I thought that since Naturalizer has quite a few pairs of vintage-y shoes, it was worthy of it's own thread.

First off, many of their shoes online are on sale. Secondly, all the pairs that I have are well made, and very comfortable. So, I thought I'd post some pictures and give you the links, especially now since they are having a really good winter sale:)

Signature Niche: Sale Price $39.99

I ordered these. And then returned them :( They are really tall, very narrow and they are more of a burgundy color- not red. So if you can walk in really tall heels and your feet are narrow, go for it, because they really were beautiful shoes. I think this collection, I believe it's called the Signature Collection, are not quite the normal comfy Naturalizer that I love.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Magic sponge

Fab shoes, oh boy I could go into serious shoe debt!

Just wanted to say that the magic sponge has been a DREAM for taking off scuffs and not harming any of my shoes thus far!

I also have a product called Blue Magic Leather Magic Stick. It works great too! I've only used it on white leather tennis shoes tho.

Nikki

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy