Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
16 sparrows,

those shoes are gorgeous!!

pigeon,

i urge you to go to the remix store if you get a chance! always a ton of great stuff there, and it's so much fun to look around :) you'll have to report on how much deadstock they still have, vs. repro. i remember speculating with friends a decade ago as to how long they'd be able to keep their stock up! this was before the repro's.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ShooShooBaby said:
16 sparrows,

those shoes are gorgeous!!

pigeon,

i urge you to go to the remix store if you get a chance! always a ton of great stuff there, and it's so much fun to look around :) you'll have to report on how much deadstock they still have, vs. repro. i remember speculating with friends a decade ago as to how long they'd be able to keep their stock up! this was before the repro's.

I was at the store over Winter Break and they did not have one single pair of deadstock on the floor. So, they must have run out!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
bella, that's sad to hear! i'm really glad they're making such nice reproductions though, and have been able to stay in business. in some ways it's better - i'll never forget the time i bought a pair of deadstock playshoes from them, and they fell apart THE NEXT DAY.

Miss_Bella_Hell

ShooShooBaby said:
bella, that's sad to hear! i'm really glad they're making such nice reproductions though, and have been able to stay in business. in some ways it's better - i'll never forget the time i bought a pair of deadstock playshoes from them, and they fell apart THE NEXT DAY.

Eek! I hope you marched right back there with your receipt!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
they were sold "as is", and i was aware of the fact that they seemed a little... crunchy, and that they were "unrationed" shoes from wwii which means they weren't quality to begin with.

so i still have them, tucked away somewhere. telling myself that someday i'll have repro's made of them.

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
Shoe challange

I was out all day today, and on ebay. I can't find vintage inspired or vintage shoes that fit my requirments

1. Heel lower than 2in.
2. Prefer to be less than $75
3. Come in a size 9.5
4. Needs to be really comfy for standing in all day.

If any one can post links to help, I would be most happy. I love the Remix shoe. That would be my last resort. I have never bought shoes off the internet before, so I'm really reading the fine print on returns.

I have read all your reviews on Remix. Sounds like a good buy. I just want to find something not SO expensive.

I have checked out all the usual supects for shoes. ie shoes.com shoemall.com shoebuy.com. I just hoping that I missed one that will have the perfect shoe Thank you, Erin

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
hotrod_elf said:
I was out all day today, and on ebay. I can't find vintage inspired or vintage shoes that fit my requirments

1. Heel lower than 2in.
3. Come in a size 9.5

If any one can post links to help, I would be most happy. I love the Remix shoe. That would be my last resort. I have never bought shoes off the internet before, so I'm really reading the fine print on returns.

I have read all your reviews on Remix. Sounds like a good buy. I just want to find something not SO expensive.

I have checked out all the usual supects for shoes. ie shoes.com shoemall.com shoebuy.com. I just hoping that I missed one that will have the perfect shoe Thank you, Erin

hotrod, did you notice thereis a sale page on remix's website right now? it won't help the issue of buying online, but the sale ones might be in your price range. i think most of their shoes have a 2" heel, but they are REALLY comfortable, if that's the issue with higher heels for you.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
3832-361991-d.jpg

These are great! I've been looking all over the place for shoes like these! There's just something about wearing animal prints that is so much fun!:)

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
Shoo Shoo I saw the sales page at Remix. It more has to do with I can't be taller than my husband. How are you Remix shoes, since you have had them for a little while?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
hotrod_elf said:

1. Heel lower than 2in.
3. Come in a size 9.5

Thank you, Erin

http://www.silhouettes.com
have some there that I have my eye on... :rolleyes:

72402266_Szz.jpg

72402254_Szz.jpg

72-402255_W.jpg

72402202_Szz.jpg

LD

Cherriexo

Familiar Face
epr25 said:
cork.jpg
I went to Target last weekend in our -20 weather and saw all these super cute shoes. They had more that I couldn't find photos of. Totally worth a trip to check them out!
[/IMG]

I just bought these.So cute!

Im really eyeing these also.

B000FEO3S6.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Charlotte Russe has struck again!!!!!!

OH GIRLS!! Charlotte Russe has in their spring line out and you simply MUST go! I swear there must have been 100 pair out and I wanted every single one of em!! Every color!!!
Floral sling back peep toe wedges and pumps... stripes, dots, animal prints... you name it!! Just absolutely adorable!!! Espidrilles, canvas wedges...drooool! A few of the canvas peep toes that were sling backs had little bows at the back. Super cute and vintagey!
I didn't buy any today because I hope they'll run their two for twenty special again. They were still only $18.99. They don't show them on their site, but here it is anyway, http://www.charlotte-russe.com/store-locator/

Then I checked payless and saw those great navy ones with the stripes that someone listed here. They also had some cute pin striped pumps for suit wear. I can hardly wait to get to Target... I believe this is OUR year for shoes. I'm gonna get all I can while they're in style!

Nikki

Daisy Buchanan

Thanks for that link Nikki, I'd never heard of this store before.
I wish that they had their shoe collection online. The closest store to me is about an hour away, I'd like to see the shoes before I drive out there. But, some of their dresses look cute. I'm a dress girl all the way when spring and summer arrive. I hate shorts, I'm just more comfortable in a pretty cotton dress and a cute pair of canvas wedges. Comfort is key, especially with the intense humidity we get during July and August.

texasgirl

One Too Many
Daisy, I've been in the Charlotte Russe store here in Dallas. I'd say it's like Forever 21. Man-made shoes, juniors type clothes. Just to give you an idea. The canvas shoes look cute though.

G

GoldLeaf

Be warned, the dresses are probably really short, considering they are for juniors. I stuck my head in there the other day, and it made me feel old. Things were so short! I didn't even look at the shoes, I wonder if they come in a 10 or 11. It might be worth going back if they do!

lindylady

A-List Customer
I don't think their shoes go up to an 11. Perhaps a 10. Every time I walked into Charlotte Russe, I saw that their shoe sizes stopped at 9. Maybe someone grabbed the 10s earlier [huh].

And dresses there are short. I think they are intended to be worn with those 80s-style leggings. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic