Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

olive bleu

One Too Many
More to add to my wish list from Zappos:eek:

1396-302699-d.jpg

On sale for $39 !

super cute sandals!

1396-366532-d.jpg

and i love these..So nautical, but at $160.00 ouch!

3832-331171-d.jpg

Sunny

One Too Many
i_am_the_scruff said:
Can I ask you ladies a question.

Yesterday I found myself walking through London (covent garden), using the tube etc without any shoes on while it was raining. the reason being, my feet were absolutely killing me because of my shoes. (and those cobbled pavements and roads don't help). They are about 5 inches high, and the only pair of shoes I own. (i'm usually in trainers or if it's hot then my birkenstocks). Anyway.. I hadn't had them on very long before they started really hurting. What do you girls do to stop your shoes hurting so much? I paid good money for these shoes and I really like them so I don't want them just sitting there. Help please :(
Do you mean the heel is 5 inches high? I'd say that's your problem right there. I'm pretty good with high heels and I have good balance, but generally speaking, the higher a heel gets the more uncomfortable the shoe is. The highest I've ever worn is 4" and I'll only do that for part of a day, with not much walking.

Other than that, where exactly does it hurt? Pinching your toes, rubbing your heels? Blisters? The ball of your foot? Different shoes fit differently and need different fixes.

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
Sunny said:
Do you mean the heel is 5 inches high? I'd say that's your problem right there. I'm pretty good with high heels and I have good balance, but generally speaking, the higher a heel gets the more uncomfortable the shoe is. The highest I've ever worn is 4" and I'll only do that for part of a day, with not much walking.

Other than that, where exactly does it hurt? Pinching your toes, rubbing your heels? Blisters? The ball of your foot? Different shoes fit differently and need different fixes.
Thanks for your reply :)
Ball of my foot. I know it's the heel.. I may aswell be in tip toes. Do those scholl party feet things work?

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gel Ball of Foot Cushions

I haven't tried the Party Feet things, but I'm thinking they're meant to be worn for just standing around looking pretty, maybe a little dancing, for the duration of a party. Probably not for walking on sidewalks. Perhaps they're for gals who dress up rarely and aren't used to wearing high heels, to make them a little more comfortable indoors.
What I do use is the gel ball of foot cushions! I've walked for hours in these things. Of course the brand and style that works best has been discontinued by Dr. Scholl's :mad: But I found reasonable facsimilies in a store brand at the drugstore, called Gel Ball of Foot Cushions, and one at a shoe store, shelved in with the shoelaces and polishes, called Sof Sole Gel Ball-of-foot cushion. There's not a huge display so you really have to search for them in the Dr. Scholl's aisle of the drugstore, or whatever the equivalent term is in England. (Chemist's?) The package says they are available in England and the website is www.sofsole.com although I don't see them on the website? They're not the best but I got them at the shoe store and better than nothing. almost can't wear high heels without gel pads. You may have to try different brands.

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
BegintheBeguine said:
I haven't tried the Party Feet things, but I'm thinking they're meant to be worn for just standing around looking pretty, maybe a little dancing, for the duration of a party. Probably not for walking on sidewalks. Perhaps they're for gals who dress up rarely and aren't used to wearing high heels, to make them a little more comfortable indoors.
What I do use is the gel ball of foot cushions! I've walked for hours in these things. Of course the brand and style that works best has been discontinued by Dr. Scholl's :mad: But I found reasonable facsimilies in a store brand at the drugstore, called Gel Ball of Foot Cushions, and one at a shoe store, shelved in with the shoelaces and polishes, called Sof Sole Gel Ball-of-foot cushion. There's not a huge display so you really have to search for them in the Dr. Scholl's aisle of the drugstore, or whatever the equivalent term is in England. (Chemist's?) The package says they are available in England and the website is www.sofsole.com although I don't see them on the website? They're not the best but I got them at the shoe store and better than nothing. almost can't wear high heels without gel pads. You may have to try different brands.

Great, i'll definetly look out for those, thanks so much :)

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
I can recommend Insolia inserts.

They redistribute the weight from the ball of your foot to the heel so it is more of a 50-50 proposition, rather than bearing most of your weight on the ball of your foot.

That said, evening or dress shoes are not ment to be walking shoes.

A cobbler can help, however. I myself have a bunion and bought a ring and ball stretcher. I can stretch out the bunion area on a new pair of shoes (and do so for friends as well) and presto! A shoe that fits my foot.

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
Miss Crisplock said:
I can recommend Insolia inserts.

They redistribute the weight from the ball of your foot to the heel so it is more of a 50-50 proposition, rather than bearing most of your weight on the ball of your foot.

That said, evening or dress shoes are not ment to be walking shoes.

A cobbler can help, however. I myself have a bunion and bought a ring and ball stretcher. I can stretch out the bunion area on a new pair of shoes (and do so for friends as well) and presto! A shoe that fits my foot.
Thanks for your reply :D

Well, I was going out to the theatre and was only walking from the hotel to the tube station, got my tube then I went from the tube station to the theatre. I wasn't sightseeing in London with 5 inch heels on. lol.

lyburnum

Practically Family
It can also be due to the shoes. I swear by party feet gel inserts for the ball of my feet, but at the end of the day if my shoes don't fit right my feet are still going to hurt. I've had 2" heels that would kill my feet after an hour, and today I wore 5" heels and felt nothing. I've come to learn from many a shoe mistake (and pain) that no matter how pretty a shoe is, it's not worth it unless it fits.

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
lyburnum said:
It can also be due to the shoes. I swear by party feet gel inserts for the ball of my feet, but at the end of the day if my shoes don't fit right my feet are still going to hurt. I've had 2" heels that would kill my feet after an hour, and today I wore 5" heels and felt nothing. I've come to learn from many a shoe mistake (and pain) that no matter how pretty a shoe is, it's not worth it unless it fits.
I think they fit fine.. I've never owned high heels before but they feel comfortable when they're just on. And I can walk in them for a little while before they start hurting.
I am going to definetly try some inserts for the balls of my feet and see if they work. Thanks so much everyone for the advice :)

ASimpleLady

Familiar Face
shoes.jpg

Divine.

I got them from DSW ( my favorite place, evah!). They're Naturalizer Mary Janes. They're also really comfortable, I was nervous about it but wore them to church last week, and they felt great.

pixie

Familiar Face
i_am_the_scruff said:
Thanks for your reply :)
Ball of my foot. I know it's the heel.. I may aswell be in tip toes. Do those scholl party feet things work?

You might want to watch for another thing that could be causing the problem. I am not a big wearer of high heels and when i do wear them, they are not usually more then 2 1/2 or 3 inches max! I however developed a foot problem called Mortons Nueroma. It is a pain in the ball of the foot that feels almost like someone holding a match or lighter to the ball of your foot right in the middle near the toes. It really hurts and makes it impossible to keep walking in the heels. I am sure that it is probably not that, but just keep the idea in your head until you know for sure. Just some info.

BegintheBeguine

Smaller sizes The Shoe Parlor for US$9.99 plus international shipping, they take VISA

Laura Chase said:
Anyone have any idea if these Chinese Laundry wedges are still available and where? I haven't been able to find them anywhere, I just saw them on flickr:

2679103135_a7812beb0c.jpg
The style is called LUXE. I posted a link about them on post #1271 from Chinese Laundry's own site but they don't ship internationally and also where to get them super cheap in smaller sizes (US sizes 6.5, 7, 7.5), but that post has mysteriously disappeared but it's mentioned in post #1241. http://www.shoeparlor.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=LUXI_BLACK!CHI I ordered 2 pair from the Shoe Parlor link and they arrived quickly and safely so I can personally recommend them, and they ship to the UK but I'm afraid I can't remember if you wear a smaller size or not.
Note: I just got back from a convention in Dallas. I wore these shoes constantly unless I was wearing a formal dress, so I wore them with 5 different dresses in all. I got so many compliments. :D

Laura Chase

One Too Many
BegintheBeguine said:
The style is called LUXE. I posted a link about them on post #1271 from Chinese Laundry's own site but they don't ship internationally and also where to get them super cheap in smaller sizes (US sizes 6.5, 7, 7.5), but that post has mysteriously disappeared but it's mentioned in post #1241. http://www.shoeparlor.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=LUXI_BLACK!CHI I ordered 2 pair from the Shoe Parlor link and they arrived quickly and safely so I can personally recommend them, and they ship to the UK but I'm afraid I can't remember if you wear a smaller size or not.
Note: I just got back from a convention in Dallas. I wore these shoes constantly unless I was wearing a formal dress, so I wore them with 5 different dresses in all. I got so many compliments. :D

$10?! Unfortunately I need a size 9. :( But now that I know what the style is called, I can search for them...

BegintheBeguine

The company's website has them in US size 9 for about $44 plus shipping in the US, so maybe you could work out a deal with a Lounger to accept them and ship them on to you?
They came out over a year ago but I wanted to wait until the price went down from about $70 and they were a little hard to find as I don't shop on eBay except from other Loungers. But $10, yay, I'm glad I waded thru all the hits! They are super cute and comfy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner