Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Inky

One Too Many
These aren't vintage but i JUST WON THESE $95 SHOES from a favorite blog I read, Shoedish. They are Burju dance shoes - a totally not "me" style but what the heck, I won them!

cross%20over%20%28B807%29%201.jpg

Shoedish just announced another shoe giveaway for a more vintage looking shoe in a lovely bright yellow!

http://theshoedish.com/2009/08/25/shoe-giveaway-shoemissy-england/

3855711049_4fc548bd8f.jpg

Go enter!!

Cricket

Practically Family
The yellow shoe instantly brighten my day! And what a cute find on the dance shoes. I had better see you on the dance floor Inky. ;)

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Inky, that is super exciting!! I love the shoes you won! Wooohoo!
Yerp.. those Yellow ones are sure to bright anyones day ;)

Inky said:
These aren't vintage but i JUST WON THESE $95 SHOES from a favorite blog I read, Shoedish. They are Burju dance shoes - a totally not "me" style but what the heck, I won them!

Shoedish just announced another shoe giveaway for a more vintage looking shoe in a lovely bright yellow!

Go enter!!

texasgirl

One Too Many
You're welcome NicknNora. I actually received both and they're comfy. I little higher than I'm used to, but I'm planning on wearing more dresses this fall with heels, so I think I will get used to them :)

BeBopBaby said:
I have a pair of the green Faryl Robin shoes. I got them on eBay awhile back for $12.99! They had been worn in a fashion show and then listed on eBay so they were just about brand new.

I've never worn them though. I don't have anything that matches them. What kind of color combos would you wear with them?

I just saw this- that was a great deal BeBopBaby! I didn't actually have anything to go with them either, except this one vintage 30s dress I have that is too small but I WILL get into someday so I refuse to sell it! But anyway, I did find a cute dress this weekend at Dillards. It has greens and purples and browns, kind of a paisley. But I think even jeans with a green top would be cute, or something tweed.

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
Shoes

crazydaisy said:
I've just posted the link with my shoes to a friend and she says I'm crazy to have that many, around 20 pairs. Is it...really!? I felt really bad about myself and rushed to explain I bought them with discount while working on retail or in the sales. I sort of felt the need to justify myself as if it were something not quite right about owning 20 pairs of shoes. Maybe now I should go about selling them since I am going through a nasty period financially. I might do it as a last resort. But leaving that aside, it is really crazy to own 20 pairs? I would have thought it was rather average. Not a secret that I should keep in my closet. I'm starting to feel a bit angry about it now.

I agree with everyone else, that's crazy I have WAYYYY more then 20 pairs of shoes. Some of them bought on sale and some of them bought because they were pretty and needed to come come with me. Actually I probably own atleast 10 pair that have never been on my feet... I have a friend that freaks out about how many shoes I own but do I freak out when she buys more plates that she'll never use noooo... AND I'm pretty sure my 1 year old niece even owns more then 20 pairs of shoes...

Inky said:

Go enter!!

I am usually not a fan of yellow.....but I am SWOONING over these shoes!!!!

Inky

One Too Many
Well i hope you gals have entered the drawing - it runs through September 8th and is open to everyone. It would be so cool if another Lounger won them!!

Shoedish doesn't spam and so far neither have the dance shoe people, and i have been contacted by them regarding my shoe size and all that so it seems totally above board.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
retrogirl1941 said:
I found these shoes in Modcloth"s pop up ad online somewhere and I looked on there website but I cannot find them!!!!!:eek:
modclothshoes.jpg

Do any of you ladies know where I can get pair like this? Or even the same brand? Its been awhile since I have gotten shoe lust such as this! Help me out!

Samantha

So I went back to Modcloth website today and look what I found!!!!

http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Shoes/Little+Red+Riding+Heels

Samantha

texasgirl

One Too Many
Sofft has some really cute shoes for fall. These are just a sample, and they have some other interesting color selections.

I'm thinking about these- I've always wanted some Blue Suede Shoes!
shoes_iaec1181158.jpg

And
ScreenHunter_02Sep081155.jpg

and I don't know how vintage these are, but I think they are super cute!
ScreenHunter_03Sep081156.jpg

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
This is more a review then a 'new shoe sighting' but I just had to re-mention these Aris Allen shoes

828-BK-1.jpg

After getting new shoes for the QM weekend...Including these for daytime wear....I promptly smashed my foot into the bathtub in our room. Score: QM-1 Neecerie-0.

The Aris Allen's were the only shoe I could manage to put my foot into and walk without more pain then I was already in. So seriously comfy shoes.....if you can stick a broken toe in them and still be reasonably ok.

Needless to say...they don't actually go with a formal gown...but there was not a real choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW