Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

D-Pocket leather jackets

Mysteryo

One Too Many
I'm selling this awesome Aero King Of The Road (in the classified)
Very beautifull jacket!
kotr-fs_small.jpg

Damn, Mendel. Just damn! I'm sure someone ordered a jacket from Aero today, after seeing that photo...

Those caps are awesome. I'd want that Civil War one!

So I was sitting in my local coffee place today, drinking hot chocolate because it was too early for alcohol, when this very attractive girl, wearing a Buco looking D-pocket, sat at the table opposite to mine. It was a black jacket, made from beautiful looking vintage-y leather; correct looking, mixed hardware; full action back; etc. I honestly thought it's either the original of some sort, or a damn good repro.
Having thought for a second whether to start a conversation about it or not because I didn't want her to think that I was hitting on her, I decided to act against my better judgement and so I asked her where did she get such a cool looking jacket. It did seem like I was hitting on her, but she didn't seem to mind so she got chatty about it and told me how she got the jacket at the local mall. On a discount. The name of the store escapes me. While asking if I could feel the jacket would really be pushing it, I did however get a better look at it and I have to admit, all the details were there. Sure, the cigarette pocket was virtually useless and the action back was practically useless, but it was clearly based on the original. All of which got me thinking, what exactly is it that we are paying all those thousands for? Her jacket was $100, and it was a very well made jacket that looked the business. Sure, it was lambskin and sure, it was paper-thin, but if I felt like wearing a D-pocket Perfecto, that jacket would've served the purpose just fine so... Is it the brand that's worth the money? Is the thick leather really worth the additional $900? Or what?

I don't know where I am going with this, just that I was thinking, if malls began selling jackets that I like, would I wear them? Would you?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Lamb rarely looks good as it ages, it just begins to look tatty and tired. It's also interesting how the patterns tend to be tweaked to take in modern tastes but end up, by my reckoning, looking 'wrong' - I think I've just hung around for too long to compromise on these things.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
mendalboaz - I had not seen this jacket before now, and that gives me such great reminders of a wonderful two-tone black/brown "cafe Racer" style jacket I used to own around 2000 - 2003. Can't recall brand however it was made in USA, very, very thick and heavy (8+lbs) and very thick cowhide. had a mesh lining and snap-in vest liner for insualtion. Not an Aero but still a very nice, cool jacket that I sold, sadly, to help fund grad school. I would sure like to look intoa two-tone Aero/Buco jacket sometime again (a few years from now).

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Monitor - I hear your pain, but I've onwed several mall jackets too, and just never enjoyed them near as much as the ones we typically discuss here. Seems that lambskin just dosen't have much personality, IMHO. If folks like it, well and good, it's just not for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari