Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

D-Pocket leather jackets

Edward

Bartender
Cracking looking jacket, Gav. How's the fit on that model - is it a bit roomier like the Highwayman, or does it have the very sudden, very pronounced nip in at the waist that Aero's MC Perfecto-style jacket does?

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Cracking looking jacket, Gav. How's the fit on that model - is it a bit roomier like the Highwayman, or does it have the very sudden, very pronounced nip in at the waist that Aero's MC Perfecto-style jacket does?
Carrie says the j106 is the slimmest fitting jacket they do.

Edward

Bartender
Is it straight up and down, though? The standard MC is fairly roomy at the shoulders, but nips in very suddenly at the waist... If it's that 20s style tubular fit, I might get away with a bigger size...

Gav

Practically Family
It is pretty roomy in the shoulders perhaps in part due to the full action back. Then quite snug in the waist. I am a fat b••tard though.

Edward

Bartender
Heh! I'm on the porky side myself! The MC in Size 42 I know is roomier in the shoulders than a 42 30s HB, but, as memory serves, something like only 37" in the waist. I get the idea of forming a 'seal' to keep the cold air out on a bike, but I'll never have that sort of chest to waist drop again... probably haven't for twenty years! ;)

I think this is definitely one that when the time comes I'll need to make a trip up to Gala to try them on. Hopefully they can accomodate. One day I'd love an Aero MC/P-type, but I'd definitely have to have about 4" added in the waist.

Is it straight up and down, though? The standard MC is fairly roomy at the shoulders, but nips in very suddenly at the waist... If it's that 20s style tubular fit, I might get away with a bigger size...

The J106 is definitely not as V shaped as the Aero MC jacket. As you know, that one has an insane drop. The size 42 that I had, which was perhaps a bit too large for me, still somehow managed to be skintight around the waist... J106 fits very much like a CR. Both are great fit, if you nail the size!

Edward

Bartender
That sounds good.... by the sound of it, the J106, in the right size, is the right shape for me, which the MC sadly wasn't!

this little pocket is a great shape!
I'd love to see it used on other jackets as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 1,186

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's the first D-pocket that I've genuinely thought - aha, that's what I had in mind! It takes it back to its pre-biker forms.

Really really wanting a two-tone - again. Damn. I also like the idea of two contrasting browns, or, brown families. A little more subtle, but still killer.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Really really wanting a two-tone - again. Damn. I also like the idea of two contrasting browns, or, brown families. A little more subtle, but still killer.

...and I was just starting to believe you when you said you were finished buying more jackets lol

Edward

Bartender
That's a sryle I've seen in the Tanaka book and to rather fancy.

Oddly enough, way back in the mists of time, during the "Anything goes" period at Gala, I had vaguely specced out the idea of a Bootlegger with a D pocket. Would have ended up somewhere between that LE Schott from a couple of years ago, and this, though at the time I'd seen neither. This would look fantastic is goat... Maybe two tone, russet and seal...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred