Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

D-Pocket leather jackets

If it is, it looks just like a Leathertogs one in the Rin Tanaka book...down to the studs on the arm. Wow!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Just wanted to share a few pictures i found while doing some D pocket research, these are apparently from the 30s or 40s.
To me the lack of a belt and chest pocket, and the fact that the handwarmer pockets don't have a zipper make them a lot less moto and probably more in keeping with the aviation jackets that inspired the design in the first place.

talon1_zps46nkwbw2.jpg

30shb_zpsavti1r8c.jpg

s-l1600_zpsa1elpsly.jpg

Just wanted to share a few pictures i found while doing some D pocket research, these are apparently from the 30s or 40s.
To me the lack of a belt and chest pocket, and the fact that the handwarmer pockets don't have a zipper make them a lot less moto and probably more in keeping with the aviation jackets that inspired the design in the first place.

talon1_zps46nkwbw2.jpg

30shb_zpsavti1r8c.jpg

s-l1600_zpsa1elpsly.jpg
Last one is awesome! Looks to be Golden Bear? Too bad they aren't still putting these styles out!

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here

ProteinNerd

If it is, it looks just like a Leathertogs one in the Rin Tanaka book...down to the studs on the arm. Wow!

I just picked up a copy of that book...its great.

If anyone is interested but doesn't want to splurge on the high price, Amazon have a few used copies from about $30

ProteinNerd

Does anyone have an ELMC Roadstar?

Rstar-Brn-1-1920x1920max-640x7731.png
Its really growing on me......although I do wonder if the brown one pictured looks too similar to my cordovan bootlegger?

ProteinNerd

I just pulled the trigger on one, what are your thoughts on the leather and quality etc?
Is yours brown or black and what size?
My main concern is the sleeve length...its on the short side according to the measurements but I should be able to get away with it...just

robrinay

One Too Many
After reading this thread I'm going to sell my Aero motorcycle jacket ( h h 44") to raise funds for a quality D pocket.

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I just pulled the trigger on one, what are your thoughts on the leather and quality etc?
Is yours brown or black and what size?
My main concern is the sleeve length...its on the short side according to the measurements but I should be able to get away with it...just

Did you go used or new? because they do Long sizes?

I think they are pretty long, i usually need Long size and some tapering at the waist, but when i tried a size 42 a few years back it fit me like a glove.
It's very V shaped and the arms are long for a stock jacket. I think it should work great with your body type.
I just didn't feel comfortable wearing that style at that point in time.

Regarding the colour, i have a sample of the brown and it is very brown, not a lot of red in it, very earthy brown. It's the same leather as the Californian, TMitchel59 has good pictures of his compared to a BK dark seal jacket somewhere. The leather is very nice, on the thinner side, and feels similar to the Aero Vincenza. With the Rayon lining of the Californian it's a great summer jacket. Mine is pretty much perfect as far as stitching etc go.

Here is the picture:

DSC01161_zps5jtzzzvj.jpg

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

Thanks for that Carlos. I thought they only did the long sizes in the Californian?

I managed to get a very slightly used one at a decent price, I'm guessing its regular. It should be here in a week or so.

If it doesn't fit, I'll just move it on but obviously I hope it does and that I can pull off a D-pocket ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo