Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dad's many hats

davidraphael

Practically Family
Sterling Hayden was an incredible actor. I miss actors like him and the kinds of movies he starred in. By chance, I actually watched him again recently in 1900, The Godfather and the 2 Kubricks he did.
Wonderful stuff.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
He was a character.

[video=youtube;f8WjH5qSGPA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8WjH5qSGPA&NR=1[/video]

DNO

One Too Many
I'll watch Dr. Strangelove just to watch Sterling Hayden play General Jack D. Ripper! "Precious bodily fluids" indeed.

Your father was a terrific actor.

Terry292

New in Town
I'll watch Dr. Strangelove just to watch Sterling Hayden play General Jack D. Ripper! "Precious bodily fluids" indeed.

Your father was a terrific actor.

This is probably my favorite Sterling Hayden role, simply because he wasn't known for comedic acting. He played it straight which made it even funnier.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
My favorite movie of his was "The Asphalt Jungle" from 1950. Besides the person he played, there were some nice hats in it as well :)

TheAsphaltJungle195000678014-34-401.jpg

asphaltjungle1.jpg

DNO

One Too Many
I really enjoy his performance in The Godfather, as well. He played the corrupt police captain beautifully.

Just out of curiosity, did your father ever tell you what his favourite roles/movies had been?

Terry292

New in Town
I could probably look this up on IMDB, but I'm sure someone here knows the answer. What was the movie which starred Sterling Hayden and Dana Andrews? Andrews played a former flyer who had to land a passenger plane after the pilots got sick, and Hayden was the senior pilot who talked him down. Lloyd Bridges based his character in "Airplane" on Hayden's performance. Thanks in advance.

AntonAAK

Practically Family
I could probably look this up on IMDB, but I'm sure someone here knows the answer. What was the movie which starred Sterling Hayden and Dana Andrews? Andrews played a former flyer who had to land a passenger plane after the pilots got sick, and Hayden was the senior pilot who talked him down. Lloyd Bridges based his character in "Airplane" on Hayden's performance. Thanks in advance.

That film was called Zero Hour. They in fact based the whole movie Airplane on it. They bought the rights to the film and did almost the whole screenplay verbatim but turned it into a spoof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo