Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dan Hermann

I have it on good authority that Dan Hermann shuffled off, suddenly and unexpectedly, while vacationing in England.

We never met in the “real world,” but stayed in fairly regular contact online. I liked him quite well, as did many others. He’ll be missed.

Last edited:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I am really sad to hear this. Dan was one of the old-school Loungers, who really understood what we were all about here back in the late 2000s, and he was an important part of the growth of this place. I was saddened when he didn't come around as much as he used to, and even sadder now to hear that he's gone. Condolences to all his friends and family.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
I had to come back to the Lounge to verify it was true. As one of the old school Loungers, both Magneto and I are just crushed hearing about Dan. I just chatted with him recently, and he said he was going on his trip. My heart just aches. I'm so sorry we have lost him, but I AM SO GLAD THAT WE HAD HIM. The man was a gem, virtually and in person. We met in New York, and boy did that Marine make me laugh. He once told me that it wasn't really military service because he was in Hawaii, and I looked at him and said, "Dan, as assignments go, that's pretty cool." His response, "It was a good job." he said with his signature smile and glimmer in his eyes. My condolences to those on the Lounge and also to his family.

Feraud

Bartender
This was terrible news to wake up to today. Dan was one of the old time Fedora Lounge / NYC guys I used to meet up for lunch with in the mid to late 2000s. He was always an affable guy. I never heard him say a bad word about anyone.
Condolences to his family and many friends. He will be missed.

Last edited:

Stormy

A-List Customer
Yeah, I too had to come here to look around, for old time’s sake I guess. This is where I first met Dan. Can’t believe he’s really gone. Such an inspiration and a friend. Glad I got to spend time with him at Morton’s up in Harlem.
GOODBYE DAN

Edward

Bartender
I just heard this myself over the last week. I met Dan when he visited London in 2017. He came along to the Chap Olympiad in Bedford square Gardens that July, and had a great time with all the tomfoolery there. It was the only time I met him in person; I liked him very much. The world is a slightly darker place for his passing. I hope he's gone on to a better place where a well-tailored trouser is appreciated as it should be, hats are always worn (and doffed to ladies), and no finely cared-for wardrobe is ever troubled by moths.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana