Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dapper Detectives: Looking Good, Ready for Action

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Very cool piece. Thanks.

There was a video on the First 48 site about the best dressed detectives, but I can't seem to find it right now.

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
I have worked either directly as a P.I. with my father, or doing investigations and research on people for years, and entertainingly enough, when I go around in my suits or sport coats and trousers and hats, people always ask me A.) are you a detective or something, or B.) are you a writer. Lol. My father and my great Uncle were both detectives, and I never saw either of them out of their suits and ties (always worn with a pocket scarf), until very shortly before either of them died. Maybe there's something to the old cliché?....

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I have worked either directly as a P.I. with my father, or doing investigations and research on people for years, and entertainingly enough, when I go around in my suits or sport coats and trousers and hats, people always ask me A.) are you a detective or something, or B.) are you a writer. Lol. My father and my great Uncle were both detectives, and I never saw either of them out of their suits and ties (always worn with a pocket scarf), until very shortly before either of them died. Maybe there's something to the old cliché?....
Not here. A detective in this town is likely to dress in polyester and look not much different to a mobile phone salesman or supermarket manager. Usually wear a suit in court but why would you wear a decent suit in a grubby job that requires liaison with people who would laugh at you if you were looking over dressed? I have never seen a policeman in any headwear other than a baseball cap (or dress cap).

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
Not here. A detective in this town is likely to dress in polyester and look not much different to a mobile phone salesman or supermarket manager. Usually wear a suit in court but why would you wear a decent suit in a grubby job that requires liaison with people who would laugh at you if you were looking over dressed? I have never seen a policeman in any headwear other than a baseball cap (or dress cap).
Private Investigators, not police. And I generally agree with you in my own regard; I dress discretely but not like a ragamuffin, if I'm doing a tail job or something like that, unless raggamuffinry is required.....A while back I was compelled to wear a Hawaiian shirt and shorts with sandals to blend in at a beach resort while on the job.....Lol! While my Father tended towards the more flashy.....He'd wear a suit, or at least a sport coat, no matter what. It got him spotted and in trouble a few times. Hah! Private sector though. My Uncle hated hats though, never wore one a day in his life, my Dad loved 'em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy