Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Darhling should do _______ with her hair.

donCarlos

Practically Family
The point about the skin colour is correct - redhead must be pale. That´s the way we like them :) But it´s hard to tan up there (in Scandinavia), isn´t it?

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Thank you all for your posts!! I agree that a great redhead is traffic stopping, I just hope my stylist can find the right color for me! If it comes out wrong you'll see pics of me with a paperbag over my head lol although fabulously dressed.

Regarding tan, at the moment I am perhaps not pale, but fair/light skinned right now. In the blonde pics I was quite tanned, but it suited the beach-babe look I was going for (at 22 btw). I also agree that red hair and tanned skin isn't so good, but not to worry, I am armed with spf 55!!

I do know, that I do not want it subtle! Not cartoonish either.. but you know what I mean. Unless I come out looking like Jessica Rabbit, then cartoonish is good!

Gutshot

One of the Regulars
I've been a sucker for redheads ever since a little redheaded girl kissed me on the playground when we were 6. So yes, by all means, go red :D

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Slim Portly said:
Perhaps one of our more resourceful members could whip up a Photoshop mock-up for you?

Untill then we all just have to use our imagination...:D
2006-redhead-curls.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
said it here before but if I was a man I would chase every redhead I could find. they are like rare orchids.
My brother was married to one and is still hurting. He calls them the devil. lol

AnnaMaria

New in Town
I think you would look lovely as a redhead (you could'nt look anything but lovely) but KittyT is right, red does fade quick. That's the main reason I stopped dying my hair red. Every now and then I want my hair to be red again though.

But I think you should try it. If you don't like it you can go back to the brown again!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
AnnaMaria said:
I think you would look lovely as a redhead (you could'nt look anything but lovely) but KittyT is right, red does fade quick. That's the main reason I stopped dying my hair red. Every now and then I want my hair to be red again though.

But I think you should try it. If you don't like it you can go back to the brown again!

Thank you! BUt I whole heartedly agree with your last statement, if it doesn't look good, I can re-dye it again! I have been warned about red fading quick, but I am hoping a toner done every once in a while at home can keep it looking fresh - of course my stylist will know the right way for upkeep.

I am VERY excited about this, I want to go now! lol With luck I will get an appointment in little over a week.

Boodles

A-List Customer
Mr Portly and Mr Carter have said it already...

...and I'll have to add that I agree with Mr Spitfire's idea on the shade of red.
He's right on from this old Irishman's perspective. You just have to try it. As an aside...while I like your new avatar I absolutely loved the old one with the smoke. Woo wee.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
the pic is far to dark to match properly at all, my face is at a wrong angle, my dark bangs are showing ... but I have a thing for Mrs. Rabbit :p

1e6067d94161323684.jpg

Boodles - I might have to recreate the smoking pic (I love it too) when I go red :)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I really don't get why this thread was moved - I already have the ladies opinion on this, from a beauty thread. I wanted the gents opinions aswell - who I rarely see in the beauty department, the very reason I didn't post it in here. I clearly stated that.

Is it not okay to ask the gents opinion?

There is a thread about facial hair in the observation bar, that wanted the ladies opinions, I thought this was similar.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=40084

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ok Darhling... DO IT! I just found your blond pics.. had no idea you were so light naturally.

If you are a hot blonde, you will be a hot redhead. Period. That's usually the rule, lol...

What color line or products does your stylist use?

I would use a color extractor such as Pravana, then slap a demi permanant red overtop of everything. Redken's Shades EQ Bonfire would be awesome on you. If you are worried, try the Chili first. Actually, scratch that.. if the bonfire turns out to bright you can always deepen it, but you can't go more vibrant after it's darker again. (until that fades out)

You may even be able to do a soap cap with bleach and lighten just a bit, then put a darker red on it until everything fades up on it's own to go to a more vibrant shade later.

OR, again.. you may just want to hilight and put demi over everything. Each time you highlight, just highlight the ends, not where your new growth is coming out. If you stick with a level 6 or so, this method will blend everything as you gradually phase out the black.
(That girl with the highlights was not at work today, Poo... I won't see her until Tues. and hope to get a pic of her for you then!)

If you have never been red before, beware. You will always want it to be MORE red than it is. Very addicting. ;)

When I want to go deep I use 7RR, or the Bonfire. These both turn out darker than the swatch on me~ But my natural color is darker than yours. Yours will eventually take a much better, fabulous true tone. I'm jealous.

BTW, I usally go for a shade close to Rose from Titanic myself, but sometimes I go closer to her mother Ruth~

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
What about Maureen O'Hara...

Now there was a redhead! A very Irish redhead she was, in the John Wayne pictures and a favorite of our family- "Sinbad the Sailor" with Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.

carter said:
Darhling, IMHO red hair on the right woman and done with subtlety can be absolutely stunning. I favor the Rita Red which comes across as classy rather than brassy. I believe you'll be stopping traffic as a redhead since you are equally lovely as a blonde or a brunette. I'm looking forward to the photos. ;) :)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Haaa! I love the Jessica Rabbit virtual, hehe....
speaking of which, I call this my Jessica Rabbit dress~ if only my hair were freshly colored then!
620873687_f32b8f2572.jpg

Lillemor

One Too Many
Darhling should get a good gut feeling for what she wants, then talk to a stylist, talk to another stylist if she doesn't connect with the first, and then in combination with what the stylist advices and what she feels, she should go with that. She can always try something different next year.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy