Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Darhling should do _______ with her hair.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Go red or go home, IMO.
I've gone from very very blonde to dark red in under a year and I have been told (by people apart from my hairdresser) that both look natural.
n1392720596_30737213_5488458.jpg
n40507624_32550073_44-1.jpg

helenhighwater

Familiar Face
Is the title a tie-breaker?

"Darling should do shizzle with her hair." lol

Erm... well, I've been attempting red, from black. I rather like it! I thought it was worth a try because I realised that if I cocked it up, I could easily dye it black again to cover it. I just got bored of black, really, as I didn't want to have hair like a goth.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Yes I agree with the changed title sounds.. not very nice. :rolleyes:

Thank you all ladies for your suggestions, Ohairas, I am going to print out your post and take it to the hairdressers!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Blondie said:
When is your hair appointment Darhling ???

:eek:fftopic: but great avatar Blondie (although it's kind of sad too) - I read Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye a year or two ago and I couldn't get over how sad Barbara Paytons life was - have you read it?

Boodles

A-List Customer
For it's worth I would never have seen this thread...

...where it is located now.

Darhling said:
I really don't get why this thread was moved - I already have the ladies opinion on this, from a beauty thread. I wanted the gents opinions aswell - who I rarely see in the beauty department, the very reason I didn't post it in here. I clearly stated that.

Is it not okay to ask the gents opinion?

There is a thread about facial hair in the observation bar, that wanted the ladies opinions, I thought this was similar.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=40084

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Blondie said:
Will be sending good hair vibes out across the ocean to you next Friday !

Thank you so much!!! Right now I dread I get an awful color, since I fear it is hard to get a good red color that will suit me.

Boodles - That's what I thought aswell :) .

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Well I am officially a redhead now!! It didnt go as bright red as I wanted, the hairdresser couldn't remove all of the dark brown color so it is reaaaally dark red now and a bit brighter by the scalp. She did tell me it will get a little lighter with time and when it is time to recolor it again it will help too.

I also got 8+ inches cut of and I love it!!!

I will try and take some pics later or tomorrow..

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
A crappy webcam pic, but I really like the color at the scalp, it is brighter and much lighter since that part hasn't been dyed dark before.. I want that color all over, but maybe in time. I'll take some better pics of the rest later!

Foto11.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
Darhling said:
A crappy webcam pic, but I really like the color at the scalp, it is brighter and much lighter since that part hasn't been dyed dark before.. I want that color all over, but maybe in time. I'll take some better pics of the rest later!

Foto11.jpg

I love it (but i have a warm spot for redheads!). Did you do your brows too because they look good in the picture.

when I just did my hair Special Effects Blood red all over the top, the ends are dark from the dark brown dye and I actually like the effect it gives. Must take a picture this weekend to show.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I went into MAC and tried all their brow products but nothing matched, I tried a eyeshadow over my regular brown brow pencil and I quite like it, except that it has shimmer in it! I am on the lookout for a great warm red browpencil.

I do quite like the effect it has on the all over color, I guess I just hoped for a POW! orangey/red, but it wasn't possible for such a drastic change. But I love it! I love being a redhead :D

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
Oh my...that picture is quite fetching! Judging from this little teaser pic, I can only imagine how incredible you must now look as a redhead...;)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Darhling it looks fab! It will get better, really... it appears your stylist really knew what they were doing to get it to that stage, so be patient.

For now, use a good glossifier to bring out the red/shine throughout the ends. Your hair is dry from the chemicals, therefore soaking up the "base" color of whatever pigment was put on. (Even most bright reds have some sort of "brown" base to them, ect")
So that is why it looks so nice at the roots where your hair is healthier. This first time may fade out eXtremely quick too, do no fret!

Vinyl Glam by Redken is a good shine spray, or Sebastion products.

Way to go, welcome to the RED club, lol! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy