Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dated 1939 Harris Tweed Three Piece Suit

Fu Manchu

One of the Regulars
Hello Gents,

It's been a while since I visited the Lounge, but I found a doozy of a suit that might be of interest to you fine folks.

It's a dated 1939 three piece Harris Tweed with a lot of interesting period details - three patch pockets, bakelite buttons, skeleton lined, Lightning zipper, &c. It measures out to around a 44 or 46?

This suit is special because it's labeled Harris Tweed - the earliest I've ever seen, with an unusual label. Also, it's in great condition for its age. There are a few discolorations, but I think they'll come out with some spot treatment. It's wearable. And did I mention it's Harris Tweed?

Here's the auction link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261933865303?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Oh blimey. That's exactly my size. And exactly the colour I like. Everything is right about it - apart from the fact that i don't have any money at the moment!

Fu Manchu

One of the Regulars
Just a quick note to say that this suit is back on eBay. With the change in weather, there seems to be more interest! If you're around a 46R, this suit is a real heavyweight monster of vintage goodness. The tweed is really fantastic!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy