Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dating a Dunn & Co Bowler

RoverHat

New in Town
Hello all!

I've had a bit of a suprise eBay win this morning. I put a speculative bid in on a Dunn & Co Bowler, but I didn't expect to win it. It seems I have!

There isn't much info on the listing at all, but I was wondering if there are any details that could point out how old the hat is?

The liner just says "Dunn & Co Great Britain", so I'm assuming it's post 50s/60s at the very earliest.

Picture of the lining:
$T2eC16VHJIYE9qUcNkYGBRVEcOSbG!~~60_57.JPG

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Hello and welcome to the site from me. Can't help with the hat I'm afraid. I can't even remember when they went under but it was a few years ago now. I did buy a couple of hats and caps from them at one time. The last a nice Donegal tweed number which I still have and was bought some time in the mid eighties. The label is a bit different to yours so the bowler may well be earlier.

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
If you post some more shots of the sweatband and exterior it could help narrow the date. From what I can see, it looks like it might be from the '40s-early '50s as it lacks a plastic liner cover.

RoverHat

New in Town
If you post some more shots of the sweatband and exterior it could help narrow the date. From what I can see, it looks like it might be from the '40s-early '50s as it lacks a plastic liner cover.
I will be sure to when I receive the hat. I'm afraid all I have are the seller's poor quality pictures at the moment.

Thanks very much for the input Gents :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran