Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dating: Do's and Dont's (1949)

Brooksie

One Too Many
That was swell! I believe somebody else posted a link similar to that a while back - it was about dating and was the same era. I think it was even the same people... they were actually decorating for the event/carnival before the date.

Brooksie

JennyLou

Practically Family
Wow, dating seems so different now than it is in the video. I kinda wish I could try dating like how it was one back then

Brooksie

One Too Many
JennyLou said:
Wow, dating seems so different now than it is in the video. I kinda wish I could try dating like how it was one back then

JennyLou - I very much agree with your statement. Our generation(s) have missed out on a lot of innocence and good clean fun.

Brooksie

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Brooksie said:
That was swell! I believe somebody else posted a link similar to that a while back - it was about dating and was the same era. I think it was even the same people... they were actually decorating for the event/carnival before the date.

Brooksie

Yeah, I remember that too. I also remember that site having a video on how to make a dress.
*edit* Found it.
And the other dating video.

LD

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
Its kinda sad, knowing that there is no longer that...quintessential innocence, and the concept of a first date being something important...and a guy dressing his best, being his best, showing his date a wonderful time. Now a days, t-shirt, jeans, at the movies and making out is an expectation is what we have degenerated into.

JennyLou

Practically Family
GranadaGuy617 said:
Its kinda sad, knowing that there is no longer that...quintessential innocence, and the concept of a first date being something important...and a guy dressing his best, being his best, showing his date a wonderful time. Now a days, t-shirt, jeans, at the movies and making out is an expectation is what we have degenerated into.
Actually, I think my first date with my first boyfriend was close to what it was back then or as close as it comes to today. He picked me up at my house and met my mom. He wore a dress shirt, pants and hat and I wore a dress. We went to the Walt Disney concert Hall and watched the LA Philharmonic play a repertoire of pieces by Sibelius and then dinner after the concert. And our dates after that usually consisted of visiting museums or long walks in an arboretum. And no kiss until maybe 10th date. So not all dats today are as what you described. Unfortunately, no guy after him has been like that. I miss sweet innocence.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You should remember that these are movies that adults put out for kids on what to do, or rather what they think they should do. That does not necessarily mean they -did- those things. :rolleyes:

LD

Brooksie

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
You should remember that these are movies that adults put out for kids on what to do, or rather what they think they should do. That does not necessarily mean they -did- those things. :rolleyes:

LD

So true, LD so true...

Brooksie

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
JennyLou said:
Actually, I think my first date with my first boyfriend was close to what it was back then or as close as it comes to today. He picked me up at my house and met my mom. He wore a dress shirt, pants and hat and I wore a dress. We went to the Walt Disney concert Hall and watched the LA Philharmonic play a repertoire of pieces by Sibelius and then dinner after the concert. And our dates after that usually consisted of visiting museums or long walks in an arboretum. And no kiss until maybe 10th date. So not all dats today are as what you described. Unfortunately, no guy after him has been like that. I miss sweet innocence.

Its just sad that my / our generation seems to be majorly jaded. I mean girls have this preconceived notion of guys...and it sucks. You have to work your way back up...from what that girl thinks guys are and 9/10 its not the best notion. Thats just my experience.

JennyLou

Practically Family
GranadaGuy617 said:
Its just sad that my / our generation seems to be majorly jaded. I mean girls have this preconceived notion of guys...and it sucks. You have to work your way back up...from what that girl thinks guys are and 9/10 its not the best notion. Thats just my experience.
Your right, girls do. From my experience guys are no good and I tend to think that about every guy I meet. I wish I didn't but I do.

Brooksie

One Too Many
JennyLou said:
Your right, girls do. From my experience guys are no good and I tend to think that about every guy I meet. I wish I didn't but I do.

Change your thinking and you will attract guys that are good... power of positive thinking my dear.;)

Brooksie

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
GranadaGuy617 said:
I would like to disagree. While a lot of people may have a first date like that, not me. A walk in the park, and I was wearing my hat and a pinstripe suit in an attempt to look my best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff