Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dating for Fedora Loungers?

Kishtu

Practically Family
I corrupted a perfectly decent Napoleonic re-enactor and now I'm sorry lol

That's the only problem with this vintage look on you menfolk - short hair - pah I say!!
:D

Miss Scarlet

One of the Regulars
I've only ever been out with one vintage lover, my current boyfriend, and we sort of developed into it together. He too did re-enactment and had long hair (yum), and I was already beginning to obsess over vintage lifetsyles when we first got together. We've always had the interest individually in vintage, but now feel free to enjoy it with each other. He said he wouldn't have had the guts to dress in vintage on his own, so now we support each other in doing so. We act as an accessory to each other and it looks lovely :)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
My guy's not very vintage, aside from a taste for classic decor and girls in '50s type pin-up stuff. I may yet have an effect, though. ;)

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I met my last and current chaps through the London vintage scene. Well, the Chap scene to be precise, rather than the swing dancing/vintage scene. Living near London does have its uses! :)

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"So... you meet a random lounger and hit it orf... five years down the track you have to give them 50% of all ones lovely things.... which you carve in half with a chain saw,.............. why not stay single and have it all for your self?, for the term of your natural life.... you know it really does make sense..Laws have gone crazy, i'm sure eventually if you smile at someone on the subway, they will be able to demand a week of ones wages!!!!""

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I met my husband on Live Journal in a rockabilly chat room. We've been together for 6 years, just celebrated our 5 year anniversary on July 1.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
My husband isn't vintage at all, and we met 11 years ago at a bar, of all things. He does love his blues music and jazz, though, and he wants to start learning how to swing dance. And he IS willing to wear a fedora, so I might just turn him into a vintage guy yet...

Feraud

Bartender
BinkieBaumont said:
"So... you meet a random lounger and hit it orf... five years down the track you have to give them 50% of all ones lovely things.... which you carve in half with a chain saw,.............. why not stay single and have it all for your self?, for the term of your natural life.... you know it really does make sense..Laws have gone crazy, i'm sure eventually if you smile at someone on the subway, they will be able to demand a week of ones wages!!!!""

Or you meet a Lounger who has great taste and lots of vintage stuff and double your assets. ;)

4 our of 5 doctors say married couples live longer, successful lives.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
BinkieBaumont"So... you meet a random lounger and hit it orf... five years down the track you have to give them 50% of all ones lovely things.... which you carve in half with a chain saw said:
[/SIZE][/COLOR]""

My brother always told me you're better off single. He was married long enough to know.

As for the topic, I have no idea where to meet other vintage lovers in Denver except through the Lounge.

Edward

Bartender
Kishtu said:
I corrupted a perfectly decent Napoleonic re-enactor and now I'm sorry lol

That's the only problem with this vintage look on you menfolk - short hair - pah I say!!
:D

Oi, don't you mock the follically challenged.... You know men who grow their hair long go bald younger? ;)

Drappa

One Too Many
I met my husband at work, and he isn't into vintage at all, but is in the military so wears a uniform every day - does that count?;)
I did, however, once many years ago, meet a guy who was dressed similarly to me at a museum I liked to go to. He even gave me his number and I was so excited, until I got home and realised I had lost the piece of paper it was written on. So my tip would be exhibitions and galleries about the relevant subject matter.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
I met my boyfriend through a friend. He isn't vintage, but he loved the look, and frequently when we first started dating, before I dressed vintage more often then not, he would ask why people cant dress like that anymore because it is so sharp. Now that I dress vintage most of the time, I think he is gaining the courage to do it too. He even got a custom made 3 piece suit and brought photos of Carry Grant and Clark Gable with him. So I would said I am starting to rub off on him. But only when he gets dressed up the man loves his t-shirts and jeans too much to give them up, and that is fine by me, he is military and if that's what he wants to wear after a long day at work that's is fabulous. I could care less if he wants to be vintage, and he doesn't care that I am, as long as we are both comfortable in how we look then we are both happy.

Atomic

One of the Regulars
My last girlfriend was a model who specialized in pin-up. She had tons of vintage clothes and stuff, which was great with me. My current girl really likes antiques, but doesn't dress vintage (nor do I really, I beat myself up too much to wear nice irreplaceable items). Although she likes antiques, I think she gets fed up with my fans, telephones, radios, and other things that are laying around the house. Oh well, she has ugly pictures hanging up, I can have my red WE 500 sitting next to the couch on a side table!

Argee

One of the Regulars
Appropriately enough, my girl and I met at the City Historical Archive. She's much more into vintage now than when we started dating. She's even joined the forum.

Edward

Bartender
Argee said:
Appropriately enough, my girl and I met at the City Historical Archive. She's much more into vintage now than when we started dating. She's even joined the forum.

Good luck hiding new, expensive hat purchases, then! :p ;)

As to the OP, well.... I'm far too jaded and cynical to even know where to begin by this point. On the plus side, it's a great defence mechanism.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Hasn't happened. Probably won't happen at all, until I get out of this forsaken desert. I had much better luck meeting people in Portland.

Figure I'll be happy enough alone for the next few years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk