Dave Himel interview by Carl Murawski

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by willyto, Feb 6, 2021.

1. willyto

willyto One Too Many

The tittle says it all.

I listened to the conditioning the leather jacket part:

Now we have a full interview which I'm listening to right now and is very interesting:

Riu, navetsea and powerserge like this.
  2. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

Good interview
    Thanks

willyto likes this.
  3. Spiney

Spiney Familiar Face

I really enjoyed that.

willyto likes this.
  4. powerserge

powerserge Familiar Face

I thought it was a really good interview and nice insight on Himel and his brand. Always great to have leather jacket related content. Does anyone have any other recommendations on YouTube or elsewhere? I’ve lately been watching a lot of @tmitchell59

willyto, Spiney and tmitchell59 like this.
  5. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 I'll Lock Up

I would certainly recommend that channel! Give me some ideas to do if you watch my channel. I have a fairly large cast of Characters for stars. I've got lots of ideas myself, some I do, some I don't. Takes more than time, got to be inspired. In the mood, get sparked.

I have looked at David Himels channel. I've looked at High Creek videos. I think there is more out there I don't know about, would be interested in hearing.

I don't know any other channel with Vintage Leather content. Yep, I am probably the biggest provider of that particular content on all of youtube!

I had not considered that statement before.

I've thought about The Fedora Lounge having a youtube channel. At least a outwear section!

There is a facebook page David Himel sponsers. Different instagrams I know nothing about. Right?

If there are sources of others into Vintage jackets let me know. I pretty sure I've found them and it isn't much. Gets lonely.

6. Logician

Logician One of the Regulars

After COVID-19, I plan to go to Toronto and visit Himel to order a custom-made jacket. I will have my measurements taken, choose the leather, the model, the options, etc. I live in Montreal so I can make the round trip in 1 day. I've had this project in mind for a long time, but there are always unforeseen delays: work, illness of a loved one, etc. I will probably opt for a Canuck made with Shinki Horsehide Black Oil Tanned. But I'll be a child in a candy store so who knows what jacket I will end up with!

7. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

Always great to hear more from Dave

Spiney likes this.
  8. Monitor

Monitor

Protip: Switch to 1.75x playback speed to make it watchable. Or listenable, rather.

9. willyto

willyto One Too Many

Do you enjoy living fast and stressed? :D

I rather enjoyed listening to it while doing other stuff in my computer, didn't feel like it needed to go faster.

10. powerserge

powerserge Familiar Face

It’s great you put out the videos that you do, they’re insightful and the information is worth keeping around. It would nice to hear how you got into leather jackets and listing some of your favorite jackets of all time. Whatever you decide to put out, I’ll be sure to watch!

Spiney, tmitchell59 and Jin431 like this.