Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Daywear

Smuterella

One Too Many
Hi there ladies

apologies if its been done before but I have trawled through the wealth of info on this wonderful site but cannot seem to find what I need.

I have a new job soon, with a much more relaxed dress code :eusa_clap so I am looking for reasonable priced repro seperates/day dresses for the office (obviously real vintage too but ideally repro as they need to be resilient and preferably washable). 40's, 50's style.

Can you recommend any sites/shops in London?

MissHannah

One Too Many
I'll second that recommendation! But go to her shop - she has tons more stuff than is on her website - particularly great for pencil skirts and trousers. She's quite pricey but it's good quality.

Smuterella

One Too Many
thank you so much, I've been meaning to go there for a while. perhaps next month when I've saved a bit of cash

:D

MissHannah

One Too Many
They are always really helpful if you email them - I'm sure they would sell you a pair that way. There's quite a few bits that they have in the shop that aren't online.

Smuterella

One Too Many
oh I am such a fool, I found the perfect pencil skirt on one of the repro sites, it came in different colours and had buttons up the side

and now i can't find it again

I hope it comes back to me....

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Check out my friend Helen's UK shop - Pinup Parade, she does a fair few Stop staring and Bettie Page Clothing Dresses, plus Mode Merr etc.

Check out the store TopRunWay on ebay too, she has lots of lovely dresses you can order made to measure.

helvissa

Familiar face
Yes, check out my shop! ;) The Bettie Page Clothing "Annette" dress is popular with people looking for something vintage-style to wear to work. I'm also getting in some really nice pencil skirts that they make. I've got some very nice cigarette pants, erm... lots of nice stuff!

But also, yes, do have a look at TopRunway/Oriental_treasure. The suits they make are just adorable. This is a (rather cheesy!) pic of me wearing the jacket of a suit she made me.

h34.jpg

(I decided to try my hand at posing like the women on the sewing instruction packets!!!)

MissHannah

One Too Many
Oh my gawd - NEED that Annette dress - so fabulous! And lo - you even have my size!! I love you! Now, roll-on payday...

helvissa

Familiar face
It is very nice! I'll have the L and XL in green again by the end of the week too. ;)

It's extremely well-made and good quality - 100% wool, except for the little bit of lining inside it at the middle. The sizing is perhaps a bit odd, but as long as you know your measurements and have checked them against the sizechart, you should be ok!

SarahLouise

Practically Family
You should check out the high street if you're just after some basics like pencil skirts. I've got some lovely pencil skirts from H&M, one of which is the spitting image of one that I've seen in the early 50s Sears catalogue (high waist, 2 kick pleats in front, perfect below knee length). The high street can sometimes have lots of nice modern vintage inspired pieces which are perfect for work.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Really?! I am jealous! In the last 6 years or so I haven't been able to find anything that was high-waisted, especially not in H&M - it all seems to be designed to hang somewhere off the top of my butt-cheeks!! Everything is cut straight too, so it doesn't go in at the waistband at all - drives me nuts! I do like H&M for basic sweaters and shirts though.

D

Deleted member 3716

i just got a nice black cardigan with round neck and satin buttons from marks & spencers.
they had a really nice brown checked high waisted skirt in there too, but it was €59 euro and i cant really afford that this week...

will probably get it anyway.

Smuterella

One Too Many
Yep! its all started going highwaisted now, I'm very pleased, hopefully with a girdle and a highwasited skirt/trousers my little fay bits will be hidden

Got some fab things at TK Maxx at the weekend - two lovely little cardigans and some wide leg, high waist jeans

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters