Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dear new neighbor

HepKitty

One Too Many
Tennessee Williams lived around the corner from us in New Orleans on Toulouse St and his landlady lived upstairs. Whenever she'd had enough of his typewwriter "clickty-clacking" she'd pour hot water on the floor right over TW's desk. The hot water would drip down on him and he'd get the message that it was too late at night for her to listen to his typewriter.

If you've ever seen Streetcar Named Desire now you know where TW got the idea of how to break up one of Stanley's card games.

That should work, if the floorboards leak in the first place. I wouldn't want to cause one just for that

lol Better living through chemistry, I guess. Your own safety should be a concern as well, I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to play with chemicals for my own self, forget about them. /|\ good research :)

AET yes let us know. I've been meaning to get a camera or 2 myself I just haven't yet

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
These days, blowing your nose in public is considered an act of terrorism.

My point exactly!!! :eusa_clap

Darwinism. If they are stupid enough to walk toward the smell, then so be it. Problem still solved.

But you still have the pesky issue of the local D.A. wanting to make Fox News headlines for taking a strong stance in the War On Terrorism. Worth it, or just another version of Darwinism? [huh]

No, much safer to go back to the tried-and-true, traditional, classic tactic of setting a bag of dog crap in front of their door and lighting it. :p

Cheers,
Tom

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What Dad did once, when the cops were backburning coming out to a loud party well after midnight and after admitting they'd already had 20+ calls, was have Mom call saying there were thugs and hooligans - Dad fired a blank out of his pistol out the back door - Mom yells there's gunfire and hung up. Cops were there to break up the party and cart off some of the dopers and underage drinkers in about two minutes. With all the legal wrangles, that group moved out pretty soon after.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think the idea here is to find a 'retaliation' that is neither 'too' harmful or illegal.

We took rocksalt and very carefully wrote a word (well desrrved and often even used to describe him by neighborhood parents) on a neighbor's lawn knowing their sprinklers would come on at 6 am and it would all melt into the soil without being seen...the results of which appeared in about a week and lingered for most of the summer.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
We took rocksalt and very carefully wrote a word (well desrrved and often even used to describe him by neighborhood parents) on a neighbor's lawn knowing their sprinklers would come on at 6 am and it would all melt into the soil without being seen...the results of which appeared in about a week and lingered for most of the summer.

I wouldve loved to have seen that!lol

I don't know the company but there was a place that had a lot of prankster items. One was a small vial of the chemical that they add to natural gas so it gets "that smell" and you know to look for the leak. Anyway a small amount place near the home will have them looking for the gas leak for days.

they had others that were interesting. One was a tiny device that ran one one of those coin size batteries, it chirped randomly. So if hidden just right they'll tear a room apart trying to find it.

Wish I had the catalog.

Akubra Man

One of the Regulars
Try a tactic used by the 7/11 company to drive away teen age loiters....Wire two speakers out side your residence installing one at the front and one at the back. Install them high enough that a ladder will be needed to reach up to them to tamper with them. Aim both at the offender's home in back at the patio where they enjoy barbeques and beers on a warm summers days. Also, wire a video surveillance camera front and back to record the goings on around the speakers. Now begin playing some opera at a volume not loud enough to involve the attention of the local constabulary but loud enough to entertain your neighbors when ever the are outside. Turn on the music during the hours that it is legal to play it and off when the bylaw forbids noise. Should one of the monkeys next door attempt to vandalize your speaker set up you will have a record to turn over to the police and to use in your lawsuit against them. If it turns out they like your choice of music try something different until you find the one type that drives them inside for good. Good luck training these chimps.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
I don't know the company but there was a place that had a lot of prankster items. One was a small vial of the chemical that they add to natural gas so it gets "that smell" and you know to look for the leak. Anyway a small amount place near the home will have them looking for the gas leak for days.

they had others that were interesting. One was a tiny device that ran one one of those coin size batteries, it chirped randomly. So if hidden just right they'll tear a room apart trying to find it.

Wish I had the catalog.

I think the company is called Acme. I have not heard many good things about their products

081185115X_norm.jpg

And yes, they have a catalogue: Chronicle Books :D

Well, the head of the Village got a hold of us the other day. He said he's got the Village attorney on them and my father said that he wants their liquor license to be put under scrutinization if these shenanigans keep up.

Atomic Era Tom, please let up know how your situation turns out. And be sure to put a video surveillance system up in back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner