Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Gandolfini 51 dies in Italy

20gandolfini_337-articleLarge.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/20/arts/television/james-gandolfini-sopranos-star-dies-at-51.html?hp

A cause of death was not immediately announced; a press representative for HBO said that Mr. Gandolfini may have died from a heart attack, though other news reports said he died from a stroke.

Heard of Slim Whitman's passing this morning. Very sad news.

Slim was one of the last of the old "countrypolitan" crooners, as opposed to the hell-raising, booze-addled rednecks you see so much of today. He was a dying breed, and will be missed.

He famously said..."I'd like people to remember me as having a nice voice and a clean suit".

RIP Slim.

Yup. We need more Slim Whitmans and Ray Prices in the Country Music world. The 'hell-raising, booze-addled rednecks' aren't even as good as the ones such as Waylon ad Willie anymore. They're warmed over sissies that look like boyband rejects that put on a cowboy hat and sing about trucks. There's no class anymore.

Slim was one of the last of the old "countrypolitan" crooners, as opposed to the hell-raising, booze-addled rednecks you see so much of today. He was a dying breed, and will be missed.

He famously said..."I'd like people to remember me as having a nice voice and a clean suit".

RIP Slim.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yup. We need more Slim Whitmans and Ray Prices in the Country Music world. The 'hell-raising, booze-addled rednecks' aren't even as good as the ones such as Waylon ad Willie anymore. They're warmed over sissies that look like boyband rejects that put on a cowboy hat and sing about trucks. There's no class anymore.

Heck Tom you know how to tell it just the way it is.

I'm in shock about James Gandolfini. A great actor . . . what a tragedy. The Sopranos remains a milestone in TV history due in huge measure to the role he played as Tony Soprano.

My cousin was James Gandolfini's body guard while on location in Arizona. He said that personalitywise Gandolfini couldn't be anymore different compared to Tony Soprano. Nice guy..and very funny.

HD

wdw

One Too Many
Really sorry to hear this. The Sopranos was of one of my all-time favourite shows, with James a colossus in his role. Being the same age, it's another reminder that we never know what's round the corner.

They seem to be more pop rock star failures who will grab at and play whatever genre will take them. The do a poor job at playing what the bigwigs in country music nowadays pass off as country and sadly their type seems to be growing in popularity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran