Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

Giftmacher

One Too Many
Götz George, main character from series "Tatort", actor in Treasure of Silver Lake and others, dead at 77.
George4-DW-Kultur-Duisburg.jpg

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Nobel Peace Prize winner and Holocaust survivor Elie Weisel has died at the age of 87.

"Never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp, which has turned my life into one long night, seven times cursed and seven times sealed. Never shall I forget that smoke. Never shall I forget the little faces of the children, whose bodies I saw turned into wreaths of smoke beneath a silent blue sky. Never shall I forget those flames which consumed my faith forever. Never shall I forget that nocturnal silence which deprived me, for all eternity, of the desire to live. Never shall I forget those moments which murdered my God and my soul and turned my dreams to dust. Never shall I forget these things, even if I am condemned to live as long as God himself. Never."

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Fifties Adventures of Superman star Noel Neill, the show's second Lois Lane:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/05/a...ne-to-george-reevess-superman-dies-at-95.html

Personally, I prefer the tougher, more abrasive Lois of Phyllis Coates to Neill's sweeter, almost matronly approach, but there's no denying that hers is a widely beloved version of the character.

Not widely known: Noel Neill was actually the first live-action Lois Lane actress - before Phyllis Coates - back in the two Superman serials starring Kirk Alyn in the late forties.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I met her once, and stood in a hotel corridor talking to her for about ten minutes about how she was one of my childhood inspirations to become a reporter. She probably heard that a million times from different women over the years, but nevertheless she lit right up when I told her. A very kind, pleasant person, and also a an astonishingly tiny one -- she couldn't have stood more than 4 foot 10, but she seemed larger-than-life on television.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I just found this on Scotty Moore. Just shows what an inspiration he was for the great rock guitar players that followed him!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
You might not know his name but if you're over 40 you know his work. Cartoonist Jack Davis has died at the age of 91. A veteran of the EC Comics staff of the early 1950s, Davis went on to become one of the most prolific caricaturists in the business, with a long run at Mad magazine and decades of drawing distinctive, humorous covers for TV Guide and Time, among many other publications.

davis,j_art_of.jpg

You could always recognize his work by the spindly legs and the ridiculous knobbly feet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo