Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
He was the definitive Willy Wonka for generations. I'm sad to see he passed, but thankful he no longer has to suffer the effects of Alzheimer's.
One of those actors that defines a character and can never be bettered he will always be Willy Wonka when Johnny Depp's version is long forgotten.
Loved him in Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein too

SurfGent

Suspended
Silver Streak - Gene Wilder - Richard Pryor.jpg

Kirk H.

One Too Many
"Jon Polito, the mustachioed, raspy-voiced character actor who squeezed both humor and surprising pathos from the many mobster and cop roles he played—most memorably for the Coen brothers passed away today". He was a very talented actor. Loved his performance in Millers Crossing.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Hugh O'Brian, the actor to play Wyatt Earp as well as the Gunfighter John Wayne faced in the Shootist passed away today at 91. I fondly remember watching reruns of The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
"Jon Polito, the mustachioed, raspy-voiced character actor who squeezed both humor and surprising pathos from the many mobster and cop roles he played—most memorably for the Coen brothers passed away today". He was a very talented actor. Loved his performance in Millers Crossing.

Nooooooooo!

Far too young, what a great character he was.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Hugh O'Brian, the actor to play Wyatt Earp as well as the Gunfighter John Wayne faced in the Shootist passed away today at 91.

He starred in a film called Ambush Bay, which recounted a Marine Raider team's PBY insertion in the Philippines, and the team's individual and collective death. An exceptional view of war.

He was also great as Silvio on Seinfeld. He was pretty memorable in whatever he was in. A great voice. Too young.
:D

Inkstainedwretch

One Too Many
I remember Hugh O'Brien in "Seminole,"(1953). This was a Budd Boetticher film that was one of the first to turn the western on its head. O'Brien was the hotheaded young brave and Anthony Quinn was the beleaguered chief Osceola. O'Brien said don't trust the whites and wanted war with them. And he was absolutely right. The white army is led by an evil, racist major and not any too reluctant to follow him. What impressed me most as a boy was the Semnole warriors wearing full-body paint. O'Brien was a standout with one side of him painted bright red and the other side yellow. Young (ish) Lee Marvin is in it, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR