Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

GHT

I'll Lock Up

Jeff Beck, Dies at 78​

RIP
If you were a teenager in the late 50's, early 60's, the place to be was London's Soho. That's where I first saw Jeff Beck, probably just strumming in one of the coffee bars for which Soho was famous, (Soho was also infamous for the seedier side of life.)

Later there was quite a buzz when Jeff Beck was brought in as a replacement for Eric Clapton in the band: "The Yardbirds," Beck had quite a following. Thinking back, I remember talking to someone and was later told that I had been speaking to Rolling Stones guitarist, Brian Jones. Chances are I might have done the same with Jeff Beck.

Those coffee houses became the haunt of many a future famous sixties band, although I didn't see them, I did hear of a Liverpool band, name of The Beatles, that were making a name for themselves, that was when Stuart Sutcliffe was in the band.

Who could ever forget those fabulous days, those emerging bands and the vibrancy of Soho. Rest in Peace Jeff, your memory will live forever.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64292026
Gina Lollobrigida: Italian actress, dies at 95.

Often described as "the most beautiful woman in the world", her films included Beat the Devil, the Hunchback of Notre Dame and Crossed Swords.

She co-starred alongside the likes of Humphrey Bogart, Frank Sinatra, Rock Hudson and Errol Flynn.
Her career faded in the 1960s and she moved into photography and politics.

Gino Odjick - Vancouver Canucks hockey player in the 1990's dies at the age of 52, rare heart ailment. He became one of Vancouver's most beloved hockey players over the 8 seasons he played here. He was brought in an enforcer (muscle) to protect stars such as Pavel Bure (The Russian Rocket). Gino was born on an Algonquin reserve in eastern Canada and was one of the few First Nations to make it to the NHL. A terror on the ice and a most gentle, friendly soul off.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
The officially oldest person in the world since april 2022, French nun, Sister André, passed away in her sleep, less than a month from her 119 th birthday. She hit the international headlines in Feb 2021, when as the second oldest person in the world, she was tested positive for COVID. She was asymptomatic.
When asked about her longevity, she said it was down to hard work (she worked until she was 108) & a glass of red wine every day. :) Though blind & confined to a wheel chair for the last years of her life, she kept all her marbles.

1674026152069.png

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
The officially oldest person in the world since april 2022, French nun, Sister André, passed away in her sleep, less than a month from her 119 th birthday. She hit the international headlines in Feb 2021, when as the second oldest person in the world, she was tested positive for COVID. She was asymptomatic.
When asked about her longevity, she said it was down to hard work (she worked until she was 108) & a glass of red wine every day. :) Though blind & confined to a wheel chair for the last years of her life, she kept all her marbles.

View attachment 481666

There was another French lady who lived until she was 122, Jeanne Calment, her age was documented.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB