Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

Marty Krofft who, along with his brother, Sid, gave us kids such mind-expanding fare as H.R. Pufnstuf, Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, and Land of the Lost, has passed at 86.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/marty-krofft-dead-h-r-pufnstuf-1235808822/

There were a few surprises in the obit. I had not previously known of the Kroffts involvement in a couple sitcoms, The Brady Bunch Variety Hour, and the old DC Follies, which was a political send up with puppets.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Henry Kissinger
Former United States Secretary of State

1701355471969.png

Henry Alfred Kissinger was a German-born American politician, diplomat, political scientist and geopolitical consultant who served as United States Secretary of State and national security adviser under the presidential administrations of Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford.

Kissinger was born Heinz Alfred Kissinger on May 27, 1923, in Fürth, Germany. He died on November 29, 2023, Kent, Connecticut, USA.

The one from the North

One of the Regulars
Henry Kissinger
Former United States Secretary of State

View attachment 565290
Henry Alfred Kissinger was a German-born American politician, diplomat, political scientist and geopolitical consultant who served as United States Secretary of State and national security adviser under the presidential administrations of Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford.

Kissinger was born Heinz Alfred Kissinger on May 27, 1923, in Fürth, Germany. He died on November 29, 2023, Kent, Connecticut, USA.
I hope that my weakness in english doesn't make a wrong impression. But these last two deceased couldn't have been farther apart as a person. I remember Kissinger been in almost every news broadcast in my childhood. A great statesman, we truly could use people of his magnitude today. And talking about statesmen:

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Wonderful British actor Tom Wilkinson...

This one just hurts. Really hurts. Tom Wilkinson has been my absolute favorite star-character actor for over twenty years. Longtime Loungers will know that I've praised him here many times. Brilliant in every performance - even in bad films - and with an everyman quality showing through even his nastiest villains and most self-important protagonists.

Just a few:

Mobster Carmine Falcone in Batman Begins ("That's powah you can't buy!") The terrifying patron in Girl With a Pearl Earring. Benjamin Franklin in the John Adams miniseries. Hugh Fennyman in Shakespeare in Love (who begins as a cold-blooded crime boss and ends an enraptured actor). General Cornwallis in The Patriot. That crazy doctor in Eternal Sunshine. And... In the Bedroom, RocknRolla, Michael Clayton, Belle, The Lone Ranger, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Denial...

So many great moments. Hail and farewell.

Last edited:

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
I came here to comment on Tom Wilkinson and I notice that we're posting about political figures in this forum, now? With that shift in mind, can I have the moderators' permission to post the late Anthony Bourdain's excellent summary of the late Henry Kissinger's legacy and importance? Thanks in advance.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
johns-glynis.jpg

Last edited:

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Broadway great Chita Rivera!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members