Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

ADHD librarian

One of the Regulars
Ground Control to Major Tom, your circuit's dead, there's something wrong. Can you hear me, Major Tom?

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Definitely not great news to wake up to today. Have had "Modern Love" on repeat on my ipod all morning. Will soon be adding more.

RIP Mr. Bowie. We didn't even know you were ill. :(

kaiser

A-List Customer
Shock for me as well when I heard this. David Bowie was a part of growing up for me, always good and diferent music. He was very creative right up until the end. He will be missed.

When I read of Bowie's passing my first thought was that it was probably just another "death hoax", but couldn't imagine why anyone would choose him for such a thing. We've lost another great and unique talent to history. :(

DesertDan

One Too Many
Indeed.
David Bowie was one of the most creative and talented songwriters and performers of Rock.
He had the rare talent of being able to reinvent himself and still remain himself. He was able to assess each new change in the rock/pop stylistic landscape, adopt his own art into that style and in so doing refine the genre. He was a true icon and there will never be another like him.

My girlfriend and I went to our neighborhood pub last night for a lite bite and they played all Bowie from the juke box. He had an amazingly long career with a lot of songs that I love but kind of forgot about. It was sad but nice, too, to be listening to his music and discussing him on the day he passed away. I image we were doing the same thing that so many all over the world were doing yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24