Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Del Monico Hatters, New Haven, Connecticut

cmalbrecht

Familiar Face
Delmonico Hatters

I recently ordered a hat stretcher. Evidently there is a new guy in the hat stretcher department, so with three color-coded sizes to choose from, it's probably understandable that he sent the wrong one.
That's the bad news. The good news is that when I informed the company, they apologized and immediately sent out the correct size and told me just to keep the other one.
Can't do better than that.
So far Delmonico has always been right on target. Wish all the companies were as reliable.:eusa_clap

cmalbrecht

Familiar Face
If I ever get up in them there parts, I'll be sure to visit the store. No good stores in the Sacramento area. Village Hat Shop but they're more into S,M,L hat sizes. I can get that at the grocery store.

Hi All,

How on earth did I only see this thread now? :)

My name is Brandon from DelMonico Hatter, I've been working with Ern since 2007. We recently joined the forums here - some of you have seen us around here lately, I think.

Much appreciation for all the positive feedback! We really do try hard to make sure you guys have a good experience with us, so it's really nice to see such a positive response. Hats are more than just a job for me - I'm just as much of a hat fanatic as you guys, that's why I work for Ern.

We know that our store is one of the last of its breed and it's important to keep it alive. And our online store has been very well received too.

Actually, here's a little secret. We're in the process of upgrading our online store, and the grand re-opening will be this year. We might be looking for some people to help us pre-test the web store before it is launched to the general public. This would be so that we could get feedback to make the store even better for our future users.

This is not a "right now" thing, and it might not end up happening, but I was hoping to get together a rough list of people interested in helping out. I figured the best place to look was at the Fedora Lounge, right?

Any volunteers? :)

You can reply here, or email me directly at zeemort{at}aol.com.

Best,
Brandon Moreau

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
Because of this thread, I just ordered two hats from Del Monico. Now I get to play the dreaded waiting game.
FYI: my wife is starting to dislike this forum! LOL

Hello Hatfolk,

This is Brandon from over at DelMonico Hatter. I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving, and that everyone wore their hats to the table (I did!)

You may or may not know it here at the Lounge, but we've gotten our new website design up and running a little while back. Since a good number of you are faithful customers, I wanted to let you all know.

And also, if you had any feedback on the new design, that would be valuable to us for sure! :) Just email me personally at zeekmort{at}aol.com

Happy Hatting,
Brandon Moreau
Web Admin
DelMonicoHatter.com

Last edited:

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
I stopped in today Brandon. Bought a new Hat too.
2011-11-28_15-59-30_366.jpg

Me and Mr. DelMonico and my new Stetson Tehachapi Loop.
I have been shopping there for 30 years. How times flies when your wearing a great hat

Jeff

I stopped in today Brandon. Bought a new Hat too.
2011-11-28_15-59-30_366.jpg

Me and Mr. DelMonico and my new Stetson Tehachapi Loop.
I have been shopping there for 30 years. How times flies when your wearing a great hat

Jeff

Too true :) There's a neat bit of history behind that hat you got there, actually. Who knew? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tehachapi_Loop

Neat name for a hat at any rate - I think the two stripes represent railroad tracks.

Brandon
DelMonico Hatter

Woodfluter

Practically Family
DelMonico! Wow, brings back memories!

I used to live in New Haven and East Haven, 1980-83, and shopped here from time to time. A great hat store. So glad to know you're still in business and carrying the banner onward.

Brandon, per your query, if you'd like a website tester and someone who could make constructive suggestions, just let me know.
You can reach me at porterwm@mindspring.com

All the best,
- Bill

DelMonico! Wow, brings back memories!

I used to live in New Haven and East Haven, 1980-83, and shopped here from time to time. A great hat store. So glad to know you're still in business and carrying the banner onward.

Brandon, per your query, if you'd like a website tester and someone who could make constructive suggestions, just let me know.
You can reach me at porterwm@mindspring.com

All the best,
- Bill

I'm glad you had a good experience back then. That was quite some time ago, so since then a lot has changed! The internet is a huge proportion of our business now.

Joe DelMonico was the owner the last time you were in the store. He's passed on since, but now his son Ernest runs the place. So it's still a family business even after 104 years - 3rd Generation.

There aren't many genuine hatters left; all the more important for us to keep going. And thanks for being a hatwearer - there aren't enough of US left, either!

With the site, thanks for the offer :) We're done with the design phase, but if you had any feedback on how it looked or how it operated, it would be very welcome. Just email me at the address a couple of posts up.

Good Hatting,
Brandon
DelMonico Hatter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran