Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Jackets - New or Vintage

I tried them on about four/five years ago at Sears and they felt cheap and didn’t fit right. Like they were made for skinny high school kids. So I will have to agree, they have gotten much better.
Johnny

Yes, it seems, that the build quality of the standard type III jackets, Levi's sells here in Europe, has gotten better, too, at least partly. But the last time, I tried them on in department store, they were still skinny fitted. Now, I'm tense, if the problem has gone! o_O Next time, I will see, if they really corrected the fit.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here

johnnycanuck

Yes, it seems, that the build quality of the standard type III jackets, Levi's sells here in Europe, has gotten better, too, at least partly. But the last time, I tried them on in department store, they were still skinny fitted. Now, I'm tense, if the problem has gone! o_O Next time, I will see, if they really corrected the fit.
Keep in mind I was bigger back then. I am not athletic but I went from a bulky 46” chest down to a 41”. My levi’s jeans went from 36” to 32” so that may have improved the fit.
Johnny

Gamma68

One Too Many

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Jonesy,
Check out the IH101J. The sleeves are 27.8” and the 18oz denim has been washed once so it feels nice and soft right out of the box. I got mine last month and I’ve been wearing it every chance I get.
View attachment 125897
Sure do like those IH jackets. I have the Type lll and it still stands up in the corner on its own.
:)

johnnycanuck

@johnnycanuck Thank you. The color I have my eye on is "Rigid Two" which I believe is raw unwashed denim. Is yours a different color? What I'm wondering is how "inky" the dye is and if it will rub off on everything unless I wash it first (I'd rather not wash if it's not necessary).
I have worn it every day since I got it and the colour has not rubbed off on anything. So I don’t think it’s raw, it’s just dark.
Hope that helps
Johnny

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I wonder how many denim jackets I "need". This IH is quite a hearty jacket.

IH Fit Pic Type lll.JPG

Peace,
:)

Gamma68

One Too Many
I just got a type 3 made by Prison Blues. Very heavy denim. I'm pondering if it will shrink enough to size. Appears as if this will out last the Lee's and Levi's I've worn over the decades. I wear them quite a bit

I'd like to see some photos of your jacket. This brand is intriguing.

Sonero

Practically Family

Gamma68

One Too Many
Can anyone with the Prison Blues Western Jacket tell me if the jacket tapers down from the chest to the waist? The jacket does not have rear tab adjusters.

In the main product photo, it appears that it does taper. But in other images the product looks rather boxy and oversized. The sleeves also appear HUGE. I'm a slim guy and don't want to appear as if I'm swimming in the jacket.

1133blu_lg6.jpg

prisonblues009_main2.jpg

Prsnblujacket-p.jpg

It seems to me one of the advantages of the classic Levis 557 jacket is the V design which emphasizes a slim physique.

Sonero

Practically Family
Can anyone with the Prison Blues Western Jacket tell me if the jacket tapers down from the chest to the waist? The jacket does not have rear tab adjusters.

In the main product photo, it appears that it does taper. But in other images the product looks rather boxy and oversized. The sleeves also appear HUGE. I'm a slim guy and don't want to appear as if I'm swimming in the jacket.

1133blu_lg6.jpg

prisonblues009_main2.jpg

Prsnblujacket-p.jpg

It seems to me one of the advantages of the classic Levis 557 jacket is the V design which emphasizes a slim physique.

This jacket is not for slim guys. The fit is boxy and tapers very little. You slim guys have a million and one options for denim jackets, very few fit big guys.

willyto

One Too Many

Prsnblujacket-p.jpg

Why is that guy wearing a 4 sizes bigger jacket?

Mich486

One Too Many
So happy to have found on eBay this deadstock Made in Japan Levi’s 506xx (type 1) early model (no flap on the chest pocket, donuts button etc). According to the label it was made in 1997. Here a few pics of the jacket:

c21381f87b6fa58a212123436efb0920.jpg

75e7b0803d03232871e68602f250afbc.jpg

16b0c5696d7f2d1505e11a59d97a578f.jpg

2aacd3a3350f6538ff54abd2c30727b8.jpg

Now it goes in the washing machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran