Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Jackets - New or Vintage

Ton,
You might want to check out a repro Storm Rider in that case. I really like my Lee Japan Storm Rider. Real wool blanket lining and the length it’s about 26 inches on my 44. They are all sold out at the moment from the shop where I bought mine but here is the link to the store:

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/three-eight/item/lee-1119-289/

I know they have restocked them in the past, hopefully they do again. I think it is a great jacket for the price.
After the IH fiasco I'm a little gun shy. That does look pretty darn good though.

Just ordered this from Brave Star: 21oz type III
20190809_Ironside_21.5oz_Jacket_Mik2071_2048x.jpg

5 to 7 days before it even ships...why?!?
giphy.gif

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Just ordered this from Brave Star: 21oz type III
20190809_Ironside_21.5oz_Jacket_Mik2071_2048x.jpg

5 to 7 days before it even ships...why?!?
giphy.gif
looks nice, the sleeve looks thick

lol, because left pocket is missing button, and the next batch from china is quarantined for a week for corona virus check.:D:D:D

could it be a made to order? I see several pages back it has exposed selvedge on the right waist adjuster tab do you like that feature? or if made to order can it be altered a bit?

looks nice, the sleeve looks thick

lol, because left pocket is missing button, and the next batch from china is quarantined for a week for corona virus check.:D:D:D

could it be a made to order? I see several pages back it has exposed selvedge on the right waist adjuster tab do you like that feature? or if made to order can it be altered a bit?
LOL! That is some lazy ass photo styling if ever there were any. I had money on hold with them from a return so I just figured I’ve give this a go. I’m not terribly thrilled with the selvedge ID or the star at the neck. I figure at under half the cost of an IH type three I can simply use a fabric pen to correct those things. To my knowledge they don’t do MTO.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
After the IH fiasco I'm a little gun shy. That does look pretty darn good though.
I hear you man, I too got stung by the IH Storm Rider/trench coat debacle. The Lee Japan version is much truer to the originals. If anything the cut might be a little boxier than you like but it works for me.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
LOL! That is some lazy ass photo styling if ever there were any. I had money on hold with them from a return so I just figured I’ve give this a go. I’m not terribly thrilled with the selvedge ID or the star at the neck. I figure at under half the cost of an IH type three I can simply use a fabric pen to correct those things. To my knowledge they don’t do MTO.
sorry I made joke about made in china hardware, just a joke actually the hardware there looks nice, vintaged brass donut type looks nice probably YKK or Scovill . I come to peace with my safety triangle on my type3 , I don't know if I can ever make peace with selvedge coin pocket edge, belt loop and all that, i color with blue marker the exposed selvedge on the narrow facing on mine from the yoke up since it is sometime showing when the collar is spread too. :)

Sorry for these grainy pics, best I can do with the lack of sun and I had to stand in my window for fit pics. I’ve only spent about 15 minutes in this 21.5 oz Brave star Ironside type III. It’s insanely stiff and crazy rigid. I’d say heavier and far, far stiffer than IH’s 21oz selvedge. This is also a left hand twill, unsure if that contributes to its rigid nature. Construction is a tier or two below IH. It’s not bad but it’s not nearly as neat. Some sloppy stitches and the interior isn’t finished quite as well. For the money though, I’d say it’s quite a bargain. Not overly long like the trend with IH seems to be. Nice fit. Unlike the stuff I’ve had from IH this will require some genuine break in.
4CB50870-1BC5-43E8-A5AA-557E3A12C22A.jpeg
EBE615EB-B2A3-4F14-8B6F-994E20CC289A.jpeg
BE629A83-AAD9-4C20-B522-19FF0E2C1EE4.jpeg
C34F0486-F136-44BD-86DE-50F9AD96471E.jpeg

I think I can live with the star and selvedge ID. All in all I’m happy with it!

Last edited:
looks great in fit, the star looks neat to me, if not better than usual square stitch for the paper/leather patch. I bet your IH is sweating bullets right now
LOL. Indeed. If only IH would stop turning everything into to a chore coat with pant leg length sleeves. They do a wonderful job with the denim CR but the last two or three type III and storm rider jackets I’ve had have been just way too long. To me denim jackets should never, in any size be longer than 25” in back. Unless it’s a “tall” size.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
You’re from the midwest. Obviously the solution to the star on the back is a Metallica Master of Puppets (or MUYA or Iron Maiden) back patch.

And fwiw i found my IH t3 super rigid. Still nit broken in.

You’re from the midwest. Obviously the solution to the star on the back is a Metallica Master of Puppets (or MUYA or Iron Maiden) back patch.

And fwiw i found my IH t3 super rigid. Still nit broken in.
Yeah the never fade black is far more rigid than the indigo selvedge, which is soft and loosely woven.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto