Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Jackets - New or Vintage

AndrewC

New in Town
I thought it was time to have a thread dedicated to denim jackets – new or vintage (unless there is one and I missed it?). I will start with my recent eBay score. A NOS 1970’s era GWG Cowboy Kings Jacket. For those not familiar with GWG, it was a Canadian clothing company that made jeans and jackets, among other things. I used to wear GWG in the 80s. They stopped production in the early 90s. This jacket was never worn and still had the cloth inventory tag sewn on the pocket. It is very stiff denim, maybe 12 oz in weight, with a corduroy collar. Only flaw is some slight fading on one shoulder that looks like possible sun fading. These jackets are few and far between these days in my experience – especially NOS and in my size. I wish someone out there was making reproductions of GWG jeans and jackets. I have been watching eBay for about 2 years to get this and finally lucked out. Since these pictures were taken I have hand washed the jacket to get some of the 40 years of smell out of it, but the color is pretty much unchanged. So let’s see some other denim jackets!

Last edited:

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Have just just purchased an old Levi 'Cut -off' not quite sure where I'm going with it though :)

I don't have one, but when I do get one it will either be a Lee 1930's 101j or the Rising Sun Cattleman.
I love the single curved front pocket.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
nice accent on its collar.

I have 2 ... but none of them actually look like the "denim jacket"
for starter both have zipper instead of buttons lol

Here's those two jackets:

1937 Lee 101j-
NzpgOv1.jpg

Rising Sun Cattleman-
6QAdvXq.jpg

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
WP_000974.jpg

Here is my Lee Archive 1937 Cowboy. This one is made in China by Edwin for Lee. There is another one made by Warehouse in Japan which is much more expensive. Both are discontinued and are difficult to find in shops. You may be able to find the Real McCoy's x Lee Cowboy WW2 model though.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ