Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Design your own fragrance

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
If you could design you own private, favorite fragrance (Perfume or Eua de Cologne) what would it be like?
Which notes and smells would you include?

I would like to have one that smelled like old aeroplanes:
Leather, hot oil on metal and high octane fuel mixed with a bit of cordite. Fresh morning air and wet grass.
It's name? SPITFIRE....what else?:D

Last edited:
It's funny, I have seen a few short tv reports on creating your own fragrence and known that I have certain aromas (other than food smells) that are ones I find nice. The big question is what works together and what doesn't.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
If you could design you own private, favorite fragrance (Perfume or Eua de Cologne) what would it be like?
Which notes and smells would you include?

I would like to have one that smelled like old aeroplanes:
Leather, hot oil on metal and high octane fuel mixed with a bit of cordite. Fresh morning air and wet grass.
It's name? SPITFIRE....what else?:D

Unsurprisingly, you're a man after my own heart old mate!

You can't beat the smell of an old aeroplane or a classic British sports car. Oil, leather and petrol. I get tremedously excited just from the smell.

Maybe I should just throw on a leather jacket and have a roll around in the garage :D

Str8Jacket

New in Town
hmm...Great topic lessee here. leather, smoldering oak, Blended Virginia and Perique pipe tobacco, and deep loam earth. Like waking up at camp during turkey season.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
top notes:

warm candyfloss
old heavy typewriters
damp tweed
red haired girls named June

middle notes:

bitter chocolate
milky coffee
red wine
freshly sawed steel

base notes:

inside of wooden filing cabinet
vanilla
coal tar
wet cobblestones

Metatron

One Too Many
The first things that came into my head: Jasmine, pipe tobacco, wet soil after rain, leather, maybe Brylcreem.
I like a thread with a hint of silliness. :D

Str8Jacket

New in Town
You can almost smell it can't you! Masculine and earthy, just the sort of thing the gals might go for!

Edward

Bartender
I stopped wearing aftershave around about the time I was old enough to shave regularly, and have never cared for the stuff since. I can't imagine a fragrance I want to add to my body, though certainly plenty that would be wonderful to spray around as a 'mood' thing. If I could have a perfumed candle that combined new leather, old tweed, naphthalene and my favourite pipe tobacco, along with the smell of a clean and healthy domestic cat, I would be very happy indeed.

Metatron

One Too Many
I love cats, but I always thought that they stank!

Regarding aftershave, yesterday there was a girl sitting in front of me on the bus, and the effect her perfume had on me... Well if aftershave has a similar effect on women, I'll never leave the house without it! :D

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I am ashamed of my fellow American males, at least those of you old enough to know better. There is only one correct answer, ETHYL!
ethyl-emblem_zpsb547f7d9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21