Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dessert wines???

tortswon

Practically Family
Mead

Brad, I've never tried that particular mead but I've made many at home. Is the Chaucer's still or sparkling, sweet or dry? How about a little description?

Perhaps you would like to try making mead. Homemade mead can be really delicious and cheap! PM me if you are interested and I can give you some info. Best, Sam

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Sorry 'bout that, I'm usually better at supplying descriptions.

This one is still and very sweet. That's the one thing I've liked about this one over the other brands I've tried is that it's been the sweetest. But it's not cloyingly or sickeningly sweet, and is very drinkable. It has a very full honey flavor, and sometimes other brands don't smack you in the face with "This is honey."

And PM is on the way. Homemade mead sounds very intriguing!

Brad

Everyone should try Novella

NOVELLA: :eusa_clap :D
novella2.jpg

153_image_EOS04NovellaZin_220.jpg

Egerland

New in Town
Some California ports are very good. Ficklin and Quady from Madera, California come to mind.

Quady produces some fine vintage ports.

Generally, I'll go to Trader Joes and pick up a bottle of traditional LBV, though.

dnjan

One Too Many
Rasteau

Recently I picked up a vin doux naturel from the Rasteau appellation. Fortified, but only to 16%. Made from grenache grapes, in the Rhone valley. Overtones of chocolate on the nose as well as the taste. I believe this is similar to a Banyuls (which I have not found yet). Though I am not a chocohilic, my wife thought it went rather well with chocolate.
I will be slowly working through what ever of the suggestions made in this thread that I can locate.
Thanks!
Rasteau01.jpg

tortswon

Practically Family
Banyuls in Washington

Hi Don. I went to winesearcher.com and found two vintages of Les Clos de Paulilles Banyuls Rimage 500ml, 2005 in Woodinville and 2006 in Renton. Hope this helps. If you get some, let us know what you thought of it. Best, Sam

dnjan

One Too Many
thanks! It looks like the woodinville place has an actual, physical retail location. I will see if I can make it over there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails