Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Developing a Line of Menswear Patterns

Honey Doll

Practically Family
I've been following some of the recent threads relative to the lack of menswear patterns with interest. I've spoken with Alexandra of www.EvaDress.com about expanding the availability of reproduced menswear patterns. If you are familiar with her shop, you already know that whe has an amazing selection of ladies patterns reproduced from originals and is developing a good deal of these in multiple sizes.

In discussing with her the threads here, it appears that the first offering should be men's pants in multiple sizes, with more pieces to follow.

I'd really appreciate your opinions as to what would be on your menswear vintage pattern "wishlist".

Thanks to all

Honey Doll

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Which of these two pant styles would you be more interested in having available first in multi-sizes?

1930s....

1930spants.jpg

1940s....

butterickpants.jpg

Honey Doll

Edward

Bartender
I'd probably jump for 40s out of the two, but yes, both would be great.

It would be especially welcome if someone was going to produce a run of the trousers (for those of us who don't sew and therefore would have to be getting someone to run them up for us...)...... Military trousers from the period (think USAAF officers' pinks, or RAF dress uniform trousers) are plenty wearable and reasonably easily available as reproductions, but beyond that rather limited colour range, it is very difficult to find off the peg stuff.

Mike K.

One Too Many
Include a Hollywood Jacket

I'd also vote for the officer's 'pinks' trousers, but be sure to include a matching shirt. One of the toughest things will be getting the correct color.

My #1 suggestion, however, would be to offer a Hollywood jacket something like this one.
cap063.jpg

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Honey Doll said:
Which of these two pant styles would you be more interested in having available first in multi-sizes?

Honey Doll, this is such a good idea.

I'd say you'd get takers for both patterns. You've a customer right here for both! But I'd certainly be happy with the 1930s one.

If it's okay to weigh in with suggestions for future patterns at this stage, a good shirt pattern would be very much appreciated (thanks to Mike K for the photo).

Honey Doll

Practically Family
hollywood jacket

Mike K. said:
I'd also vote for the officer's 'pinks' trousers, but be sure to include a matching shirt. One of the toughest things will be getting the correct color.

My #1 suggestion, however, would be to offer a Hollywood jacket something like this one.
cap063.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion Mike-- I have a pattern for a 2-tone jacket.

Honey Doll

Pip

A-List Customer
Honey Doll said:

1930s....

1930spants.jpg

Honey Doll

I have to say I adore these Mens trousers patterns (particularly lower right haha). Would CERTAINLY buy a pattern for those and recommend them :)

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Here are a few other potentials

What do you all think of these?

30s casual jacket...

casual30sjacket.jpg

40s shirt...

40sshirt.jpg

30s shirt...

30sshirt.jpg

Thoughts? Interest?

Honey Doll

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Bit soon

flat-top said:
Very cool styles! Any idea of pricing, or is it too soon for that?

I'm plotting this with Alexandra from www.evadress.com as she has the skill and technical ability to reproduce the patterns. I can't speak for her on pricing, but you can look at what she has been charging for patterns in her shop to see her range.

Honey Doll

C.K.Farnsworth

One of the Regulars
the 30's first...

...that's my two cents worth. Of course both would be great and I would probably buy both as they became available. But, 1930's stuff for guys is harder to come by and harder to fake with modern stuff. Swell idea and I will definitely support you!

btw, my lady friend already bought a 30's evening dress pattern from Eva Dress and had it made out of black silk with dark red accent/ sash for an event at the Cicada Club here in Los Angeles.

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21