Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diamond Dave (Acme 21996) A2

Mark

Practically Family
Here is my new (to me) DD A2 in Russet cow/steer hide with the "combat clone" finish. Received it this week after bidding for it on the Bay.
I am the third owner of this jacket. First owner purchased it March 2015 and wore it only four times and the second owner never wore it at all! I don't doubt this at all as the jacket arrived to me with that wonderful chrome tanned aroma.
I normally take a size 36" but the measurements looked like they were a likely fit for me and I have to say I am really pleased. It is by no means a perfect fit being a tiny bit restrictive across the shoulders and I would have liked 1/2-1" more in the arm length but I really am nit-picking.
I cannot decide on the "combat clone" finish. I tend to like to create the worn look by myself through daily wear but it is growing on me.
I have found I need to keep closed the collar poppers or they show. Shame because the collar looks better when open, more relaxed flatter look.
Over-all I am delighted, it is a lovely jacket and a nice weight for Summer wear. What ya think?

Really sorry but cannot seem to edit or remove duplicated pics.

DSCF8878.JPG
DSCF8874.JPG
DSCF8877.JPG
DSCF8891.JPG
DSCF8892.JPG
DSCF8893.JPG
DSCF8877.JPG DSCF8891.JPG DSCF8892.JPG DSCF8893.JPG DSCF8894.JPG DSCF8878.JPG DSCF8877.JPG DSCF8891.JPG DSCF8892.JPG DSCF8893.JPG

DSCF8894.JPG

Last edited:
looks like a very nice jacket Mark.
In the front shot it does look small across the shoulders, but in the others it looks fine. Quite a journey for a 1 yr old jacket. Congratulations!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Looks good to me. I agree with your assessment of the sleeves which I definitely wouldn't want any shorter, although I see no "stork arms" appearance from your second picture from the top.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Looks good but if you don't mind my saying you're on the limit in terms of sleeve length and you can see in the back view photos that you haven't got too much to spare across the back of the shoulders. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, if it feels good to wear. Snug and trim can be good, just so long as it's not too snug and trim.

But as has been said umpteenth times before it's really down to how it feels on you and how it feels when you wear it and especially move around in it, drive the car, reach down to tie your shoelaces, reach up to get something down from a high shelf - those are the things I usually use to see if I can live with a certain fit.

Mark

Practically Family
Thanks guys. No I wouldn't want the arms any shorter either, they are totally fine only riding up a bit when I reach for some thing as you'd expect I guess. Hopefully the jacket will "give" a bit and make the shoulders a little less restrictive in time. I do not find the jacket a burden to put on so that's a good sign I think. Definitely a "keeper" as they say. Thanks for your comments chaps.

A-1

One Too Many
This looks great! The combat finish is not that obvious from here...
I would not overthink anything here, just wear the sh*t out of it. It’s beautiful!

Mark

Practically Family
This looks great! The combat finish is not that obvious from here...
I would not overthink anything here, just wear the sh*t out of it. It’s beautiful!
Thank you A1, just what I wanted to hear:)

Reactions: A-1

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
I think it looks great on you. The combat finish must be subtle because it is very hard to see. Great color, great fit, well done!

DD must be very busy because Im still waiting to hear from him and Im coming up on week 8 since my deposit...no matter as the weather is getting warmer in PDX anyhow.

Mark

Practically Family
Thanks guys. Wearing it every day and loving it more and more, so easy to wear. Regarding the combat clone treatment, you can see some darker dye in the creases of the jacket and the grain is more pronounced from the initial hot water treatment i am guessing. Would have been interesting to see the leather before the treatment.
Good luck with the new jacket Pdxgeo, DD must be getting more popular if you have been waiting 8 weeks. John from Goodwear did tell me that DD has "come along way" with his jacket making since he started. That's really a vote of confidence if the guru of jacket making says that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner