Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott perfecto sizing advice

Which Jacket?

• Get the medium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get the small, little guy

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

lemonjim

New in Town
Hey there friends,

I'm looking to buy my first leather jacket and I wanted to come to the pros for help.

I've been wanting a schott perfecto for a few years now. However, I live in Canada. It's hard to find a dealer and I'm uneasy about buying online without trying it on.

Recently, I randomly went into a store that had a small selection of schott jackets. I was really interested in the Raven lambskin p213. They had the jacket in medium. It felt really nice and comfortable! However, the sleeves felt a bit too long.

I asked the owner if they could bring in a small so I could compare, but it doesn't look like he's able to.

While the medium felt good, I understand that you're supposed to size down?

I've attached a picture (sorry, it's not great). Let me know what you think! Buying the medium outright would save me about $500 maple bucks if I ordered the S from Schott.

I'm about 5 foot 7, 155lbs, 38 chest, athletic build.

Schott's website recommends a M for a standard fit and a S for a slim fit (I am pretty slim).

Let me know ow what you think!

Cheers,

-Jim
1000005323.jpg
1000005325.jpg

mumpy

A-List Customer
I think medium is a little too big. Aside from the long sleeves, it is a bit too loose around the waist and too long.

Better to request measurements of the small and compare it to a similar jacket you already have that you like the fit of.

Also if you are not fixated with this particular model, check online for other models and wait for the right opportunity.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Are you stuck on the specific aesthetic elements of the Raven (the no belt and no epaulette look)?

I ask because there are jackets on a similar pattern block that are number-sized, so you could find an in-between size.

lemonjim

New in Town
I think medium is a little too big. Aside from the long sleeves, it is a bit too loose around the waist and too long.

Better to request measurements of the small and compare it to a similar jacket you already have that you like the fit of.

Also if you are not fixated with this particular model, check online for other models and wait for the right opportunity.
Hey mumpy,

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the insight and see if I can find a small.

Cheers!

lemonjim

New in Town
Are you stuck on the specific aesthetic elements of the Raven (the no belt and no epaulette look)?

I ask because there are jackets on a similar pattern block that are number-sized, so you could find an in-between size.
I really love the aesthetic of the jacket and the feel of the lambskin. Was never huge on the belt.

That being said, I'm open to other options. Before I saw this jacket I was leaning towards a 519 in black. Would appreciate any recommendations!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I am sure you could pull off an ‚S‘. The. Jacket being lambskin will certainly help as you are not likely to experience any restrictions with such a soft hide.

Faux59

New in Town
It looks bulky on you. You could email Schott and ask for the product spec sheet of that jacket to help decide if small is too small. I've done that and it helped me make the right decision twice.

Where in Canada are you?

lemonjim

New in Town
It looks bulky on you. You could email Schott and ask for the product spec sheet of that jacket to help decide if small is too small. I've done that and it helped me make the right decision twice.

Where in Canada are you?
Thanks for the insight.

I'll send Schott an email.

I'm in Alberta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner