Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dick Tracy fedora

Marc

Vendor
I've heart some rumors that Joe jr. (Petersbros.) made ONE...

But he's out 'till March anyway, so...

Regards,

Marc

jpdesign

Vendor
Actually, Joe has made a few, I think three or four.

What size are you looking for. I has just recently blocked out a yellow body I came across and might be persuaded to part with it.

reservoirdog

New in Town
Typically, I'm a 7 3/8.

Although, I'm thinking more in the future. I'm not ready to purchase anything at the moment. Just kind of testing the market to see if it's something I can eventually afford.

Pen Collector

One of the Regulars
JP,

What is the "Style" called on those "Dick Tracy" hats? How tall is the crown and and what was the brim size?

I also liked that style of hat in the movie. I don't think I would buy a yellow one but I would be interested in another color.

Cheers!
Gabe

Pen Collector

One of the Regulars
Matt,

Thanks for the suggestion regarding Joe, Jr.. I have been in his shop a couple of times and have yet to meet the gentleman. However, next time I am in the Ft. Worth area I will drop by and talk to him about getting a Dick Tracy replica in a Grey or Ivory color.

Thanks again.

Gabe

Minnesota_Jones

Familiar Face
I have a book on the making of Dick Tracy by Mike Bonifer (1990) and I wish it wasn't so, but the fedora was.......

a Stetson.

The Yellow Trench was Burberry's.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I found that site will looking for There Will Be Blood hats. They've got a bunch of great costumes from the movie, also with very high prices.

Worth and Worth has a hat called "primavera" in a canary yellow, but it's
$295, maybe a bit much for a Dick Tracy hat. There's an ad with Sean Connery wearing one in an off white color, maybe silverbelly?

RBH

Bartender
Here are two hats Major Moore made back in '08 for a Memphis Fedora Lounge get together.
It was Duck Tracy and Gene Hornet.

Duck Tracy

31782585bh5.jpg

The Gene Hornet

33057338vy1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80