Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Did any of you win the Cavanagh in 7 3/4 Long Oval that just ended?

MattJH

One Too Many
Here it is.

Whomever it was, very nice work at that price, I believe. I threw in a bid but didn't get home in time to keep on top of it.

Wesne

One of the Regulars
I was watching that one too, and would have put a bid on it if it had stayed really low (it was still at less than $10 with a few hours to go), just to pass it along to someone here it might fit. Looks like it will probably be a pretty nice hat, but I'd be a little surprised if it does indeed turn out to be a 7 3/4. That would be a really unusual size for this vintage. I've bought several hats from eBay that were alleged to have been a size 7 1/2 which turned out to be sized (and marked) 7 1/8 or 7 1/4. That's part of the game, I guess, when you're dealing with poorly and described listed items from sellers who don't know much about what they're selling, but dealing with such auctions can occasionally turn up a real gem for us bottomfeeders...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran